016☘︎

We spend our remaining time at the music store until dusk before we take the bus to the Seoul

Once we arrive, you offer to walk me home. I decline at first, saying that I can just call my friend to pick me up.

But you insist. And I give up. I really can't say no to you so I give you the address.

Then we walk home together. But this time with you holding my hand instead of my arm.

It's funny how holding hands with you can make me feel as if I can fly.

Holding hand is just a simple thing;
but if only you know how much these little gesture matters a lot to me.

It is like a promise to me that, even for a brief moment, I don't have to face the world alone.

I thank you once we arrive at Yuta's house. As I about to walk in, you stop me.

"Wait, Jaehyun."
"Yes?"
"I have something for you."

Then, I feel your warm hands slightly grazing my cheeks before you slid something around my neck.

I slowly touch the thing that hung around my neck now. The metal is cold against my skin. You give me a pendant necklace.

"It suits you perfectly."

"When did you get this?"

"I sneak out from the store for a while when you're too engrossed hearing the music." I hear you chuckle.

"But I have nothing to give you."

You laugh, "God, Jaehyun. I'm not giving you gift so that I will get something for return. Let just say, this gift is as a memory of our date today."

I smile at you as a reply. "Thank you."

"Sure." You bid me goodbye then I hear your footsteps fading away until I finally hear nothing.

My hand clenches around the pendant.

Falling in love with you was not planned. We were supposed to be friends, just you and me and nothing in between.

But look what you had done to me Areum. I have completely fallen for you.