Chapter 9

I was upside down on the couch, staring at the screen in front of me.
I heard Sam say" I think your boy's gone insane, Steve."
Steve said" He's pouting because he can't go outside and it's his favorite weather and he wants to jump in puddles."
" He's a fire person, but likes the rain?"
" It cools his skin. Charlie..."
I said" One puddle?"
" Fine... but I'm coming with you."
" Yes!" I jumped up, grabbing his hand as I ran past him, running into the elevator. I kissed his cheek, he smiled at me,
" Just one then we need to come inside."
" Okay! Okay! Okay!" I bounced lightly, he chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.
" You're so excited about puddles, it's adorable." I blushed, looking down, he smiled and kissed my head," You're way more adorable though, just look at that face." He pinched my cheeks, my nose scrunched up and I pouted at him. I stuck my tongue out at him, and he kissed me, I squeaked in surprise, he chuckled as he pulled away.
" Meanie."
" What? Don't blame me, I couldn't help it."

We got outside, I instantly jumped into a puddle, watching the water fly through the air. I looked up as rain hit my head, I smiled, watching the rain pour. Steve was a few feet behind me, watching me, I heard him laugh as I spun around, then fell when I got too dizzy. He walked over and grabbed my hands, pulling me up, I sneezed, then started shivering.
He said" Come on, let's get you warmed up before you catch a cold."
I mumbled" Can I catch a cold?"
" You're human, Charlie. Of course, you can catch a common cold." He led me back inside, I continued to sneeze, he chuckled," You also sound like a tiny kitten."
" Bucky already told me that, so did Clint and Sam, and Natasha, and Wanda and Pietro."
" They all heard you sneeze?"
" Yep! Pietro tickled my nose with a feather, he thought it'd be funny, but everyone aww'd."
" Of course they did, you're adorable." He lifted me up, I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he held my legs to his waist." Want some hot chocolate?"
" Yes, please."
" Okay, I'll make you some."

He sat me on the couch and walked away, I curled up and yawned, my eyes closed. I rubbed my eyes and opened them, Steve came back in handing me a mug. I instantly began drinking the hot chocolate, Steve started playing with my hair. I yawned, my eyes fluttered shut, I opened my eyes again.
——
I was curled up on a chair on the balcony, I yawned and my eyes started to close. I opened them when I saw something go pass the barrier.
I said" Sam?" I got up, rubbing my eyes," Are you trying to prank me again? Sam?" I started walking to the edge, then saw Father, I screamed then tried to turn around. I was grabbed, I screamed" Steve!" Then everything went black...

I woke up, strapped down to a chair, I whimpered,
I screamed" No! No! No! No!" I breathed heavily, and tried to get out but couldn't. Then I saw Father, I whined,
Father said" Hello, Charlie. It's good to have you back home!"
I whimpered" Leave me alone."
" Now is that any way to speak to your father?"
" Y-You're not my father." He slapped me, I whimpered,
" You, boy, have been quite bad... you need to be punished." He turned on a machine, I screamed in pain as the machine sent currents through my body." Now, this will hurt quite a bit. You will listen to and obey me! You will take your punishments silently, or you shall be punished more." The currents got rougher, I started getting dizzy, then everything went black again.

I woke up again, everything felt weird, I don't feel good, I want Steve... I need Steve. I tried to move, but I couldn't, all the energy in my body was gone, I couldn't do anything. Father and a doctor came in,
Father said" Good, you've woken. Take a sample." The doctor pulled out a needle, pushing it into my arm and drawing my blood in. I cried out, trying to squirm, I whimpered as Father slapped me. The needle was pulled out and the currents were turned on, I screamed in pain. My body tensed up then started writhing in pain, my eyes started glowing then I flamed." Shut up, Charlie!" He slapped me, I whimpered and my eyes rolled back. The doctor poured liquid nitrogen on me, I screeched in pain, my head moved rapidly against the chair. I cried out, then my eyes rolled back, I screamed, the flames ignited again harsher than any time I've ever uncontrollably flamed. Fire balls started shooting off my body and hitting the metal walls.
——
My eyes were glowing, then the door opened, I heard gun shots, my head slumped down. I heard the door open, I looked up, I saw Pietro,
He said" There you are, Charlie!" He walked to me," Pain?" I tried to keep my head up but couldn't, he caught my face in my hands." Let's get you down from there and home, all right?" I whimpered, he started undoing the straps then lifted me up, I breathed heavily." Found him, Cap! Going back to the jet."

He put me down on a table, I whimpered,
He said" All right, let's see the damage." He grabbed my chin and looked at the side of my face, looking at the bruises. He touched the side of my face, I yelped loudly and moved away from him." Shh, shh, shh, they'll be back any second, and then we'll go home." I whimpered, scooting back over to him," Steve was worried, you know, didn't stop searching till we found you." Then the rest of them came in, Pietro moved and Steve stood between my legs. He held my face gently, I moved his hands to wrap around me, I wrapped my arms around his neck. He hugged me, I whimpered and dug my face into his neck.
He said" Are you okay? Does Bruce need to check on some bad spots? Are you okay?" I stayed silent," Hey, hey, Charlie..." He held my face in his hands," Are you okay?" My nose started bleeding," Baby..." My eyes glowed, and I started flaming up, I whimpered.
I whined" Home?"
" Yeah, we're headed home."