" Thank you, Tsurugi. I will try my best to find love at the palace." I told her back. A genuine-ish smile appearing on my face. 

As we kept on talking about my designs, Adrien comes behind Kagami and kisses her in front of me like if I wasn't even there. Awkward that's what I felt right at the moment seeing your ex kissing his new girlfriend in front of you like it is nothing. After his little show, he decides to turn around and finds me in front of him with a shocked expression. I show him a polite smile.

"Good afternoon Monseir Adrien. Thank you for this good luck gathering for when I must go to the palace," I told him with a monotone but a smile on my face so the couple wouldn't notice my distaste of their PDA that they have done in front of me.

"I actually came to congratulate you for being selected Marinette,! Now, if you excuse Kagami and me. I need to borrow her for a moment." He says as he wraps an arm around Kagami's waist and pulls her closer to him. I smile politely " Course you can! have a wonderful rest of your night! I will be on my way now goodbye." 

I say as I leave to find someone worth talking to. As I walk around the party with no destination talking to some guest that has come to congratulating me for being selected and wishing me luck for when the times comes to go to the palace and start competing for the prince's love. Throughout the night, the people of Gotham dance and showed happiness for the first time since Queen Selina was announced to have become queen. The night passed little by little everyone, left since we do have a curfew of 12:00 am, everyone needs to be at their house. Until the last person left the gathering/party, my parent's sister and I thanked the Agreste family for giving me a good luck gathering/party. After the thanking and goodbye, we left the Agreste mansion and headed home and have slept since a lot of people of the palace will be going in and out of the house for the selection and preparation of it. 

--Skipp to when Timmy boy gets his coffee comes--

After a week full of officials from the palace coming and going checking security if I was really Marinette Dupain-Cheng If I really new french, mandarin, and English, the next Monday, a man that goes by the name of Timothy Drakes came in on Wednesday two days before I leave for the palace. We both proceed to walk towards the dining area to take a seat.

"Thank you. Now since you are going to be apart of The Selection, there is going to be a few rules that I will go with you at the time. I am Timothy Drake but you can call me Tim. You will be seeing me around the palace whenever you need something while at the palace, go ahead and look for me." 

Tim said as he started to get some stuff out of his case. " OK. Then let's get started. Shall we?" He asked mama and, I just nodded our heads in agreement. " OK. Here, let's start with simple stuff that will go fast first, these right here are vitamins. Since you are a six, I have suspicions that you might not have enough nutrition in your body so, you must take one of these every day." He says as he hands me a bottle of pills.

 " Heres a form for you to signs for the palace could know that you have received it." He then hands me a form that I sign and gives back. "Excellent! Now I have your physical from your doctor. Everything seems to be perfect with your body and, you have excellent health except that your doctor has said you haven't seemed to be having enough sleep. Miss. Dupain-Cheng, have you been sleeping well the past weeks?" Tim asked me. 

I couldn't tell him that well I stay up all night designing and making clothes instead of sleeping, so I did a small white lie. "Well, I haven't been sleeping enough since of the excitement I have to be apart of the Selection!" I told him and, he just nodded. "Well, I'm really not a big fan of sleeping pills but since of the lack of sleep and we need you well-rested, would you like some sleeping pills?" He asked me and, necessarily I don't but might as well get some. "Yes, please," I responded and, he nodded going, through his case and then slides the sleeping pills towards my way.