Chapter 4

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

"P-Please don't shoot" Pidge cried out, her hands up in surrender as her teary eyes filled behind her nerdy glasses, her legs shaking.

Her legs finally giving as she tried stepping back, landing in front of a tree with her head hitting the tree trunk a little. Her arms lifting shakily as three enemies soldiers stepped forward aiming their guns towards her. Two seemed middle age and the other maybe in his early twenties, all three didn't seem use to much fighting in battle. All three held light spirts, all three spirts shining their spots light on Pidge making it hard for her to see much past them.

"Who are you" The oldest of the three, one who seemed slightly stern but set on making sure she wasnt' a threat to them. His own gun aimed towards her chest, ready to shoot in a single heartbeat if she tried anything while the young newbie soldier held his gun aiming the floor.

"I-I've fled from the Empire" Pidge whimpered back, tears still in her fear filled eyes as her body shook, the other two soldiers lowering their guns a little aiming them to the ground.

"I can't that that place anymore" Pidge whispered yelled back in a begging tone like she was scared of her own homeland.

"Another asylum-seeker?" The oldest soldier frowned, no longer seeing her as a threat and glancing to the other soldier close to his age who seemed to nod a little.

"Are you alone" The second oldest soldier asked, the three light spirits lowering their brightness over their spot light to let her see a little bit more.

"My mum with me, she in the cave back there" Pidge lied, shielding her face as she acted like they would shoot or hit her with their guns.

"I understand, you can relax now" The eldest soldier replied with a father like smile, trying to calm her down.

"The republic accepts most asylum-seekers" The second eldest added on in hopes to help calm her down as well and show they won't harm her.

"Lead us to the cave" the eldest asked as Pidge lowered her arms, lifting her head with hope and fake relief.

"Thank you" Pidge smiled with an innocent and bright smile, her eyes shining as the tears vanished.

"But is this all of you" Pidge asked like a child, tilting her to the side and acting rather clueless and weak as the youngest stepped forward ready to offer his hand to help her to stand.

"Yeah, we the only ones here. Unless she a particularly full-bodied madam, we'll be all good" The eldest soldier smiled with kindness in his eyes, joking slightly over the fake mom Pidge use in hopes to calm the air.

The three soldiers slightly since they all knew what moms could be like making Pidge lowered her head with a slight smirk. Her so called mom was a beast in many eyes and god help anyone who harmed her baby.

"I see, its just you three, huh" Pidge muttered under her breath, her hair hiding her eyes a little as her lips showed a slight evil smirk now.

"Huh" the younger one breathed out, all three soldiers coming to a stop as Pidge grabbed the barrel of the two guns before her, pushing her weight down to keep them from being pulled up by the two soldiers.

"Pattern Three" Pidge yelled out, lifting her head and showing slight danger in her eyes as a gun shot fired past her ear, scratching the third soldier cheek who still stood back.