interlude- moments before disaster

Bonbon liked people. In fact, she ran a small series on Youtube where she interviews random users from all over the Internet, asking them a few short questions about their day. Although it wasn't very popular, she enjoyed it very much, and kept on getting snippets of the many interesting people spread over the world.

Humming to herself, she entered a warp gate that put her on a warp path, and got her digital recorder out. After she finished humming her song, she got off of the warp path, and found herself near the Mojang servers, where they mainly maintained the huge video game, Minecraft.

Looks like I'll be talking with some gamers today, she thought to herself. As she took a step forward, she noticed a man with a pig mask who was leaving at the same time as she was entering.

"Hello there!" she called as she ran up to him. "Would you mind me asking a few short questions about your day for a video?" the man stiffened and turned towards her. He glanced around, as if hesitant, before drawing a deep breath.

"Alright, sure." he said in a very deep monotone voice. Bonbon beamed.

"Yay!" she cheered. "First, would you like to give a name? You don't have to, of course."

"Uh, I don't think I will." replied the man.

"Completely fine!" Bonbon exclaimed. "First question, can you give me the highlight of your day? What everyone gets up to is all very interesting to hear!"

"Uhh," the man said again, a little put off by Bonbon's enthusiasm. "I suppose it would be when I found an abandoned program." Bonbon raised her eyebrows. Programmers can build many programs they don't end up liking, but almost none of them were abandoned out on the Internet. Part of them are stuck in trash cans on the user's local drives, to be deleted and forgotten, and the other part are deep within the confines of companies. A program just out in the open is fairly rare, but if you do find one, you are free to explore it.

"That's very cool!" she said, truly hooked. "Have you already explored it? Or are you planning to?"

"I haven't explored it yet," the man replied. "And uh, yeah, I plan to." So far, he had only been answering Bonbon's questions, and no more. Truly a man of little words, then.

"That sounds very interesting!" Bonbon told him, and she really meant it. "Next question, if you're planning to explore the program, what are you doing here at Minecraft? Is it to relax?"

"Well," the man hesitated, trying to decide how much to say. "I took a look at the program, and it looked like something modeled with Minecraft. I'm just here to test a few things, so that I can modify the program." he paused. "And I do enjoy playing the game."

"Thank you sir, for your time!" Bonbon said excitedly. "I just love hearing about all kinds of things, you know? Anyways, I won't hinder you for any longer, and I hope you have a nice day!"

"Sure thing," the man said, already backing away. He got into the warp gate, and within a blink of the eye, was already warped away. Bonbon sighed contently.

So many interesting lives that people lead! She thought, and went on her merry way.

---

interlude time! the final interlude will come at the end of act 2. 

bonbon and her youtube series are fictional, and if it turns out they aren't, then it is pure coincidence!

anyways, as always, vote and comment to validate my ego bye