act 2, chapter 9- it derails

"Come on Tommy, pull your weight here!" Wilbur yelled, exasperated.

"But cleaning up is so boring!" Tommy whined. "Why can't you and Wilbur just do it?" As the two bickered back and forth, Phil smiled at the familiarity of it all. The three of them lived alone in a little house on the outskirts of a town, and even though they didn't share any blood relations, they considered each other brothers. Phil looked at the sky and frowned. Rain clouds were already gathering. The area where they lived is almost in state of perpetual rainfall, so when the clouds parted yesterday to show the sun, the three had leaped at the opportunity to go on a camping trip in a nearby forest. However, it seemed that at the dawn of the very next day, the rain clouds were going to gather again.

"Guys, the rain clouds are already gathering!" Phil shouted to the others. "We need to hurry up if we want to make it home before the rain starts again!"

"Damn, you're right," Wilbur cursed. He then rounded on Tommy. "Tommy you better start hurrying up otherwise we're all going to be drenched!" he shouted.

"Fine, big Will." Tommy petulantly huffed. The three started to gather up the sleeping bags, the burnt logs, and the potatoes they had baked by the fire yesterday. Soon, the skies had darkened even more, and the group of three had finally finished packing everything up.

"I don't think we'll make it back to our house before it starts to rain again at this rate," Phil grumbled.

"Shit, you're right!" Wilbur cussed. "Seriously?"

"Just hurry up then guys, come on!" shouted Tommy, the one that wasn't burdened with the weight of all the things they had to lug back. He ran ahead, making the mud under his feet squelch. "I'm way faster than you losers back there!"

"Tommy I swear-" Wilbur started angrily, when he was suddenly interrupted by a fat raindrop landing on his head. "Are you kidding me? It's already started raining?" he almost screamed at the sky. "What other thing are you going to drop on me next, huh?"

"Watch as a person falls out of the sky," Phil joked, turning to face Wilbur, who scoffed.

"Yeah sure, watch as a person falls on m- ompf!" his words got cut short, as a robed figure fell out of the sky, landing directly on him, knocking him face first into the mud on the ground. Phil and Tommy could only stare in shock.

"What the fuck?" Phil dumbly asked. The silence was only broken by the sound of raindrops falling onto the ground as the mud covered Wilbur stopped spluttering, and the somehow pristine man in the pig mask turned his head left and right lazily.

"This was unexpected," he drawled.

---

"Hurry up, we have no idea how far that guy has gotten!" Petra shouted, as soon the hold of the slowness potion released her.

"Okay, alright, we're going!" Lucas shouted, also breaking free.

"I can't believe he did that to us..." grumbled Ivor petulantly. "I was the one who did that first!"

"No one has told me what's going on yet!" cried Harper in frustration, finally losing her patience. "LOOK, all of you, STOP!" she shouted. To her credit, everyone stopped and glanced at her warily.

"I have no idea who that man was, what's going on, and why. I know we have to get the heart quickly, but you need to stop and tell me the whole situation right here, right now, alright?"

"Look-" Petra protested angrily, but was cut off by Jesse. "He was a guy we met in one of the other portals that we tried. We'll tell you the rest on the way there!" he shouted, "We've got no time to be wasted here, let's go!" Jesse took Harper's hand and dragged her into the portal as the rest of the group went too.