☾︎𑁍 Chapter 2: Club Fight

Start from the beginning

Just as Jace had said that Valerie noticed a fraction of movement out if place. A flash of red hair in the corner of her eye, the girl from earlier had entered the VIP section, a rather large demon breaking off from her side already focused on the distraction in the room.

Shit

Valarie's breath hitched in her throat at the sight of her, her heart pounding in her chest once again. She had to remind herself if their current situation to tear her eyes from the hazel ones that stared back at her.

Jace's seraph blade light up re-gaining Valerie's attention for a second as he moved in for the kill.

"Watch out!"

The girl rushed to push the demon out of the way, thinking Jace was about to murder an innocent woman.

Valerie reacted instantly, moving with the girl and pulling her away from the demon, who showed its true colours now, it's face opened up with tooth framed tentacles. The sickle and chain was held expertly in front of Valerie as she pulled the girl a fraction harsher trying to get her behind herself.

The adrenaline began pumping through Valerie's veins, ready for the battle that had just began. She was aware of everyone in the room, her parabati from across the room with her sword in front of her ready to slay the demons surrounding them. Izzy's whip dancing in her hand at the ready, and Alec's bow out in front of him.

"Careful!" Jace shouted over at her, instinctively shoving her back out of the way as the demon bounced to attack.

Valerie caught the girl, their bodies colliding once again, and pushed her back, being gentler than Jace. She seemed to get the memo as she moved further back, but stated close enough to Valerie feeling safer within close proximity the shadow hunter.

"Stay close to me" Valrie ordered the girl, though it sounded more like a plea.

With a flash the chain in her hand flew through the air, slicing an oncoming demon deep enough to stop him. The sickle moving to finish the job swiftly. Valerie caught the chain as it whipped back into her hand, keeping it in place as she reached for her throwing stars.

Jace's Seraph blade was lost, skidding across the floor and coming to a stop at the red-heads feet. Valerie threw two shurikens one after the other, taking out the demon running at her, and the one gaining on Jace in a flash.

Another flash of a seraph blade burned behind Valerie, twisting her around to the source. The girl picked it up, holding the extended blade out in front of her, seeming mesmerised by it. The momentary distraction allowed two more demos to get too close to Valerie, going in for the attack.

The chain in her hand whipped around the taller demons neck, yanking it tighter Valerie kicked the man to his knees before occupying herself with the second demon.

He had moved much more quickly than his bulky friend, managing to get a hold of Valrie. Though that didn't last long as she swiped his legs out from under him, her sickle freeing her from his hand. He fell forwards, right onto the extended blade in the redhead's hands, turning to ash instantly.

Meeting the concerned look of her parabati, she nodded once, to let her know she was unharmed. With that information Jennessa continued her fight, plunging her sword into the demon to her right.