I shook my head with the inappropriate thoughts circulating in my mind. Napatingin pa ako sa bedside table kung saan may gamot para sa hangover. Everything is neatly prepared, as well as my favorite caramel coffee. That's so sweet of my Yaya.

It is the first day, and I hope that there won't be anyone who will ruin my already ruined day.

_____

I stared at the name of our school while heading inside. HAJI UNIVERSITY, I read. A well-known prestigious university where the elites of the society can study. It offers the best quality of education that anyone would desire to acquire for themselves. Mataas ang passing rate nila sa mga board exams, at mas madali silang nakakakuha ng work kung gugustuhin nila.

Its tuition fee isn't a joke, that's why only a few can afford. Most of the students here are the heirs and heiresses of their family. But, they also offer scholarship to those students who can meet their high standards and requirements. May entrance exam and scholarship exam naman, mahirap nga lang, according to those who failed to pass it.

"Good morning, ma'am."

"Morning, miss!"

Graciously walking my way inside the reputable university, the students and staff greeted me with respect. Who wouldn't do that when they're well aware of my well-known family? They only respect those of high status. Unfair, yes.

Kinuha ko ang cell phone sa bulsa ng suot kong skirt habang naglalakad patungo sa building namin. Nakapag-park naman ako nang maayos sa parking lot. Hindi na ako nakaabot sa first subject kaya susunduin ko na lang 'yung dalawa para sabay na kaming pumunta sa second subject.

I haven't had any breakfast aside from my favorite coffee. I don't have the slightest appetite. Sa lunch na lang siguro ako kakain.

Napangiwi ako nang makitang sabog ang notification sa phone ko. I've got fifty-one missed call and thirty messages, both from my dearest friends. What's with the number of calls? Magkakasama lang kami kagabi.

Siguradong tapos naman na ang klase nila dahil nakita kong naglalabasan na ang mga estudyante sa classroom. Ang sakit nila sa mata. Crowd irritates me. Ang ingay. Napangisi na lang ako nang makita 'yung dalawang kaibigan ko.

"Hey, Tori." Bati ko nang makalapit pero tinaasan niya lang ako ng isang kilay. The audacity of this woman. That stoic expression she displays is honestly bothersome.

"Buti naisipan mo pang pumasok?" She asked, sarcastically, carefully scanning me from head to toe to check if I am doing fine.

"Yeah, of course. My day isn't complete without seeing that annoyed face of yours." I answered without any interest that made her scoff.

Victori Wyn Fernandez. I know, it is weird to have that kind of name. Redundant. She's the only person who can tolerate my attitude aside from parents, of course. I've known her since I was a teenager. Wala naman siyang choice kundi ang magtiis.

"Good morning, Octa. Kumusta ang tulog? Masarap ba?"

Lumipat ang paningin ko kay Lexi na nakangiti sa akin at panay ang kaway sa mga estudyante na kilala niya. Mukha siyang senador sa pagkaway niya.

Eilexi Hexar. I don't actually know how the hell is she my friend, but all I know is that, she's close with Tori. As in super close. Sila ang laging magkasama. Mabait naman siya, pero parehas silang weird.

"You can speak English, Lexi. No one will stop you." I adviced and confidently turned my back on them.

She's a half-French and she's still learning how to speak Tagalog until now. Naiintindihan ko naman, ang cringe lang talaga pakinggan dahil matigas ang accent niya.