Ch.6 Our Bench

Emilia's POV

She has feelings for me? I was still shocked but nonetheless happy.

Me and Mrs. Akaru sorted things with the principle, so I could go find Janice. I know where she went even though she didn't tell me.

I made my way through the forest trying my best not to get lost. When I found it I felt a wave of nostalgia hit me. There she was sitting on the bench head down, brown hair swaying in the breeze, blue eyes partially open as tears slowly fell from them.

I walked up behind her pulling her into an embrace.

Janice's POV

I flinched when a pair of arms wrapped around me. When I saw the bracelet on their right wrist I relaxed a little.

"You're wearing your bracelet"

"Mhm, so are you" she responded.

"Oh I forgot, I never took it off"

She lets go and sits down on the bench next to me. It was a fairly small bench and we've grown in the past four years, but it was comfortable.

"Are you disgusted?" I asked nervously.

"...no, why would I be?" she asked looking over to face me. I shrugged.

I felt a hand cup my face and wipe away the remaining tears. I felt my face grow slightly warmer. She smiled softly, removing her hand and laying her head on my shoulder. I smiled back laying my head on hers.

We stayed there watching the sunset below the treetops. Soon after it started to get chilly.

"Where are you staying?"

"Well, uh I'm staying with you at your house."

"What!"

"Yeah, your mom offered as soon as my aunt called saying I would be coming back"

"She knew the whole time?"

"Yeah"

"It does sound like something she would do, plus she was way too casual when she saw you earlier."

She stood up and grabbed my hand leading the way to my house.