Chapter Eighty-One

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Bella lets out a little gasp as her back cracks back, causing her to fall forward. Her knees to taking the brunt of the fall, crunching under the weight. I race over and catch her before her head can slam to the ground. Everyone immediately surrounded her, shocked as we try to figure out what just happened.

"Bella? Bella! Can you hear me?" I ask, scanning her face anxiously. When she doesn't answer I look up at Edward with wide eyes. "Get her to the exam room."

______________________

Covering her legs with a sterile towel, I look up at everyone and bit my lip. "Rosalie, give me the morphine."

She quickly picked the syringe up and passes it to me, I look up at Bella and mutter a quick apology before slamming it down into her leg, injecting it as quickly as possible into her system.

"Carlisle said the placenta must have detached," Alice said, holding the phone close to her ear, relaying whatever was said to us. "He's coming as fast as he can, but..."

"We'll have to do it," Rose said, looking over and grabbing the scalpel, moving to slice open Bella's stomach.

Edward quickly reached out and stopped her, "Rose! Let the morphine spread."

"There's no time. He's dying." Rose bit out, her body tense as she looked down at Edward's hand tightly gripping her own, not letting her cut Bella open.

"Get him out, now!" Bella yelled out, looking down at them both. Rose ripped her hand away from Edward and sliced open Bella's stomach, which caused the girl to throw her head back and scream.

"Genevieve!" Edward yelled over to me, "please!"

"I don't even know if it would work!" I cried out back to him.

"Just try!" He screamed.

I hurried over to Bella's head and looked at her, putting all of my concentration into it.

"Bella, Bella, you're not going to feel anything. It's not going to hurt," I whisper to her, gently brushing the hair out of her face. The effect was immediate, her screaming subsides and a semi-dreamy smile came across her face.

"Go! I don't know how long I can do this!" I yell, keeping my focus on Bella.

"Rosalie! Don't!" Edward yelled. Jacob's head snapped up as he launched himself at the girl, pulling her to the ground, the now bloody scalpel clattering to the ground.

"Alice get her out of here!" Edward bellowed.

"Rosalie," Bella dreamily called out, her head lolling to the side as she drearily watched Rose get forced out of the room by Alice. The two men rushed back to Bella's side, both of their faces showing the same emotion: fear.

"Save her! You have to change her!" Jacob said, her face contorting to one of horror as he watched Bella let out weak moans, my grip on her weakening.

"I can't, not whilst he's still in there," Edward explained, shaking his head at the thought. "I gotta get him out first."

"Hurry up Edward! I'm losing her!" I yell, causing Edward to rush to start working, knowing that it would be better to do it while she would feel the least amount of pain possible.

"Jake, you gotta calm her down," I grunt out, causing Jake to start trying to focus Bella in.

"No, he's suffocating," she whispered out, her voice slowly getting louder and more panicked with each word.

As Edward continued to work on getting the baby out, Jacob and I tried to keep Bella quiet, neither of us wanting to her hear screams of pain.

"Shh, Bella, it's okay, it's all okay," I whisper to her, causing her to calm slightly.

As Edward goes back to get the baby, she rips away from my hold and lets out a blood-curdling scream.

My eyes widen as I back away from her, stopping only when I hit the wall.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I whisper.

Her screaming subsidies as Edward finally manages to get the baby out. He smiles and chuckles at the baby, holding her onto his chest.

"Hey, hey, hey," he mutters quietly to her, trying to calm down her screams. "It's Renesmee."

Bella weakly lifts her head up as she looks at her daughter, sighing as a ghost of a smile appears on her face.

"Y-you're beautiful," she whispered.

Edward smiled as he walked forwards, carefully putting Renesmee down on Bella's chest. She smiled down at the baby before letting out a groan, the sound of a bite ringing through the room. Edward pulls Renesmee away immediately, a horrified look appearing on his face. 

Bella weakly smiled at him, watching as he held their daughter before her eyes clouded over, her body freezing in time.

"Bella?" Jacob asked, moving to gently shake her, "Bella? Bella!"

When she didn't respond he immediately began to do CPR. Edward tries to wrap the baby up in a blanket to help Bella.

"Jacob take the baby," he said, his gaze being kept on his now-dead wife, holding the baby out for Jacob to take.

"Keep that away from me!" he spat out, glaring at the bay that Edward held, continuing to do CPR on Bella's lifeless body.

"Edward," Rose called out, quickly walking into the room, "I'll take her. I promise I'm okay. Let me."

He handed the baby off to Rose, who gleefully held it in her arms and slowly walked out of the room. Edward watched her for a moment before rushing over to Bella, opening up one of the many drawers beside her bed, and grabbing a huge syringe.

"What is that?" Jacob fearfully asked, watching him hold the device with wide eyes.

"My venom," he replied, holding it above Bella's heart for a moment before plunging it down, injecting it all into her bloodstream.

_______

don't forget to comment and vote!
-T