21 | Now Where To Begin

Y/N

_

MILLIE BOBBY BROWN is in my dorm room.

Millie Bobby Brown, the icon that she is, was literally making her way to my couch with a brown trench coat and a hat in her hand. I never thought I'd be able to say that sentence, but I just did, and that's crazy.

"So..." I mumbled, "I'm extremely confused."

She plopped down, turning to look at me with a smile on her face, "on what?"

"You."

"Oh," she laughed,  brushing a piece of hair out of her face, "you must be confused on why I followed you across London to talk to you about Louis."

"Yeah...that," I said, biting my lip, "why didn't you just come up to talk to me? It freaked me out that a stranger in a trench coat was following me home."

She nodded her head, "sorry, I didn't want anyone to recognize me."

"Because you're famous?"

"A debatable term, but sort of. I borrowed this coat from my friend from set so I wouldn't cause a scene and reveal my identity."

I loved it when she said set. She sounded so professional and cool, and it made me realize just how iconic of a person she is. This whole thing felt unreal. Millie Bobby brown on my couch.

Woah.

"So how do you know Louis?" I said, walking slowly over to the chair across from her.

She laughed, "I'm the girl that was holding his hand."

What?

She was definitely not his sister, but that honestly didn't matter. I wanted to hold hands with her. Somehow, even though the lack of an explanation from Louis, I felt a little better knowing it was Millie all along.

"Oh," I sighed, "he failed to tell me that."

"That's because Louis is a good guy," she sighed, "maybe too good sometimes."

"What do you mean?"

"He's my co-star in my new Netflix film, which we're still in the process of filming."

"He's in what?"

Millie smiled, "a movie that requires a lot of secrecy."

I nodded my head, "so that's why he wouldn't tell me?"

"Yeah, he took the NDA so seriously, he almost messed things up with you," She laughed, "if he would have just told me what was going on, I would have let him make an exception."

Finally everything clicked.

Louis was in a new movie, which required an NDA prohibiting him to say anything about the project. He must have misunderstood exactly what it was, and thought he couldn't mention it at all. That's why he never even told me why he was hiding things.

Darn it, Louis, you can be such a goody two shoes.

"I feel like an idiot," I sighed, sinking into my chair, "I was waiting this whole time for him to apologize, but he still couldn't do that because of the NDA."

Millie nodded, "something like that."

"And I broke up with him over it."

"Something like that too," she said, "I know he wouldn't like me telling you this, but I think it's something quite important."

"What is?"

"That day at the flower market, after you broke up with him, he called me in the middle of the night, crying."

"Crying?"

"He said the only person he wanted to talk to was you, but he knew you wouldn't answer."

"Oh..." I muttered, biting my lip

I wasn't sure what to say. The thought of Louis crying made me feel sick to my stomach. I wanted to give him a hug and tell him I forgave him for what he said, and that I was sorry for not communicating, but I couldn't do that at the moment.

 "I really wish I knew all of this before," I mumbled, "Just so I could take everything back."

"I bet he wishes that too."

This was like something out of a book. A couple fights, breaks up, and then they realize it was all a misunderstanding. I always blamed the main character for never communicating, but now I'm realizing that I made that mistake myself.

It's so easy to lose yourself when you're desperately trying not to lose someone else.

I understood that now.

"I'm a horrible person," I mumbled, planting my face into my palms, "this is all my fault."

"It's not anyone's fault," Millie assured, "I think you and Louis care about each other so much, you both want to take all the blame for a silly miscommunication."

"You think so?"

"I know so," she said, getting up from the couch, "well, I best be going now."

I opened my mouth to ask her to stay, but then I realized she probably had movies to film and interviews to do. She probably couldn't spend more than another minute here.

"I'll get the door," I said, hopping out of my chair.

As she began to follow me out, she stopped herself and turned to look at me. The bowler hat was hanging off the tip of her finger, and the trench coat was folded onto her arm.

Gosh, I can't believe I met her.

"I hear you and Louis are putting on a play," she smiled.

I nodded quickly, holding the door open politely, "yes, Romeo and Juliet."

As she stepped into the hallway, she took the hat and placed it above her head with a graceful swish of the arm.

She sent me a devious smirk, "I don't suppose you know where I can buy a ticket, do you?" 

_

I just had the most awful day.

the internet on my whole block was down, so I had no access to school or wattpad the entire day. stress levels 100%