17 | Slap In The Face

Y/N

_

"YOU'RE LETTING KEITH get the better of you," Sadie said, sliding a bowl of popcorn over towards me, "don't let that happen."

I was feeling particularly disappointed this morning, because Louis called me and told me he had to cancel plans today. We were supposed to go to a river-side cafe and paint the Thames on tiny canvases.

But he said he had to stay home.

He didn't tell me why, but I trusted him. Wow, look at my character development! I'm actually getting the hang of this whole 'believe in your boyfriend' kind of thing.

"I'm not!" I sighed, furrowing my brow at the red-head, "I'm just worried."

Sadie tilted her head, "about what?"

"About Louis."

"Why would you be worried about him?"

"Because he said he had to stay home!" I exclaimed, "what if he's sick or something?"

"He could be."

"Then should I go and check on him?" I suggested, "I can make a killer bowl of chicken noodle soup."

I meant killer, as in 'so delicious', not 'I want to kill him'. Just want to clear that up, because Sadie gave a look of disbelief, and half-confusion. I thought she would be sympathetic for my reasons, but instead she just looked like she wanted to kill me now. Why was everyone giving me that look? I talked to Louis, and he said to trust him, so I will.

He's an actor, so it's probably for a project, or something.

Right?

Stop it! Trust, trust, trust, trust. If I can't trust Louis, I can't trust anyone (I don't even trust myself, to be honest).

"No," Sadie sighed, shaking her head, "maybe he's sick and didn't tell you, because he doesn't want to worry you."

She had a fair point, but I was still a little worried. The thought of Louis being sick at home was not the best thought I've had. I really wanted to hold his hand. Or just give him one of those hugs he gives, where he rests his chin on top of my head and giggles in happiness.

"Yeah," I mumbled, "you're right."

"Anyways, Nora asked if we wanted to hang out with her on Monday," the girl said, "I think it would be nice."

"What did she have in mind?"

"She said it was up to us."

"Maybe we should get some tea?"

"Absolutely not," Sadie laughed, "that's your's and Louis' thing. I don't want to get in the way of that."

"It's just tea," I chuckled, "but maybe we could go skateboarding?"

"That's also a Louis thing!"

"Why don't we do the dishes?"

Sadie just looked at me in confusion, before rolling her eyes in amusement, "I swear Louis is a wizard."

I wrinkled my nose, "why?"

"You're totally out of it today," she laughed, "it's like you're under some kind of spell, where all you can do is think about him!"

"What?"

"Or maybe a curse..."

"You sound ridiculous, Sadie," I chuckled, "I'm just worried about him, that's all."

"Well, worry about something else," she said, sinking into her chair, "I'm sure he's fine."

Before silence could fall over the dorm room, the door lock clicked open, and Caleb walked in. He had three brown-paper grocery bags in his arms, keys in his hand, and a stressed out look on his face. I don't think I've ever seen him stressed out before.

"Hey," he said, setting them down on the table, "[y/n]?"

I cocked a brow, "what?"

"You're not going out with Louis today, right?"

"Yeah, he's at home," I nodded, "why?"

Caleb glanced at Sadie, widening his eyes. it was like he forgot that I could see the suspicious look on his face. What was the whole point of starting a conversation with me, just to pretend I wasn't there watching everything that was going down.

"I'm literally right here," I said, "tell me whatever you're hiding."

The boy sighed, "you said Louis' at home?"

"That's what he told me."

"Well, I ran into him on the sidewalk over by the market."

I stood up from my chair, "what?"

That could be taken any way. Maybe he was getting groceries like Caleb, or getting something to help him feel better (if he really was sick).

There was something else that Caleb wanted to say, but it looked like he was having trouble getting it off of his tongue. Narrowing my eyes, I managed to give him a look that scared it out of him.

"You're not going to like this," he said cautiously, "but he was with a girl."

Oh. 

A girl.

Well, that felt like a slap in the face.