2: No, Wait, I Meant TODAY'S The Day!

Start from the beginning

And then Moxy was there.. Falling, plummeting toward the earth. Why was Moxy out in the middle of nowhere, falling toward the earth, and why wasn't anyone on the ground making a move to save her? Well, it was a daydream so that didn't really matter. What mattered was that Lucky Bat just happened to be flying by at just the right moment and caught her up in his wings.

Lucky was in the midst of trying to figure out how he was going to use his wings for flying and for holding onto the one-dimensional Moxy at the same time when the door to his teahouse creaked open

"Moxy," he murmured, still in a daze.

"Nope, it's Wage," the orange doll replied, striding into Lucky's house. Babo trailed behind, casually taking handfuls of bite-sized cookies from his pocket and tossing them into his mouth.

Lucky started as reality snapped back into focus.

He hastily brushed himself off, scrambling to stand. "Wage!" He exclaimed nervously, fitting his face with an expression of a doll who wasn't just caught lying in the middle of the floor in a yellow cape. "And Babo too! What brings you to my humble abode?"

Wage stopped in front of the wind machine, drinking in the odd craftmanship with her eyes. Babo reached over her shoulder to poke one of the paper fans dangling awkwardly from the side of the machine. At his touch, the robot arm holding the fan detached, falling with a crash to the floor, not unlike the way Lucky had moments before.

"Woah!" Wage cried, leaping out of the way.

She jerked her thumb toward the slap-dash contraption. "What's this?"

Lucky's stomach dropped. For some reason, he could never bring himself to reveal to his friends that yes, he actually wanted to fly, he just couldn't. "Um-" He stammered, thinking fast. "The Daily Ugly says its supposed to get hot today?"

Buy it, Lucky willed his friends mentally. Buyitbuyitbuyitbuyit--

Wage gave him an odd look. "Right..." she said doubtfully. But thankfully she didn't question it further.

"I came because Moxy said you have some almond butter." She speared Babo with a look. "For some reason, mine seems to have gone missing."

Babo shrugged, a hint of a smile on his face. "It's inexplicable."

Lucky nodded. "I've got some around here..." He spotted a small jar on a cubby recessed into the wall. "Is this enough?" He asked Wage.

She nodded. "It will be if I can actually hang onto it long enough to use it," she said wryly, giving Babo the side eye.

Babo changed the subject. "Is that cape a part of your costume?" He asked Lucky. Wage huffed.

"Err..." Lucky replied. Let's go with that... "Yeah. My costume." He hoped it didn't show on his face that he wasn't sure what Babo was talking about.