Chapter Two

• KURTS POV •
I strode through the crowded hallways, Hayley tagging behind me. As I walked to my locker, everyone parted like the red sea. But that wasn't because of me, it was because of Hayley.

Hayley was the whole reason I was popular. She was drop dead gorgeous and every boy at this dump wanted her. Ever since Hayley started going out with me, every other girl wanted to be my friend, or girlfriend. But that was just because they wanted to follow the crowd. And in this school, Hayley was the crowd. There wasn't one person at this school that hated her. Even the teachers and nurses loved her.

Before Hayley, I was just another nerdy kid. I was in every club imaginable but my favourite was Glee Club. I had light brown hair that was neatly styled into a quiff and I always wore flamboyant clothes that once they had been worn, were tossed into the tip. Like every other Glee Club member, I was bullied. I was getting thrown into dumpsters, shoved against lockers and was frequently called names like 'gay' and 'dork'.

I never thought I'd find 'love' but then Hayley came along. I had always admired her as she was popular but she didn't use her popularity for bad, she used it for good. When she suggested that I changed what I looked like and quit all my clubs, I didn't really know how to say no. I wasn't fully on board with changing my whole appearance but I was sick of my life. Hayley told me that I would become more popular and people would treat me differently if I dressed like this.

When I came into school the next day with messy black hair, tattoos, piercings and full body black clothes that I wore more than once, everybody stopped treating me like I was nothing. I knew that it wasn't because of my new look, I knew it was because Hayley was linked arm in arm with me. She had a big smile on her face as she looked up at me and told me that my life was about to change. I left all of my old friends and joined Hayley's group of friends. Which by no surprise, were all girls. And because they were all girls, they gossiped and giggled a lot, evidentially leaving me out.

It wasn't until a week later that Hayley told me that she loved me. I didn't know what to do or say as I'd never been with anyone before or 'loved' anyone before. I thought she was crazy. After a week knowing me, she was in love with me. But it happened in the movies I watched all the time so it didn't seem that crazy.

A couple of days later we started going out secretly but within an hour the whole school knew and suddenly every girl there 'loved' me too.

I never thought that my life would've turned out like this, but one person can change someone's life dramatically.