Mommy! | four ⏤katsuki b.

sum. : katsumi loses her temper, bakugou sorts out his feelings and you go on a date - things are never easy but the least you could do was be understanding

length : 8.4k

g. : fluff ; angst ; single dad bakugou ; neighbour reader ; baker reader ; bakugou is stuck on his feelings ; katsumi is disappointed and angry at bakugou ; katsumi and kirishima are good at planning ; katsumi and ren meet for the first time ; katsumi, ren and kirishima make a great team of cupids ; bakugou can't ice skate ; cuddles ; yn is an angel ; yn is so understanding ; we don't deserve yn! ; uh oh ; rivers are a no no

warning : curse words ; mentions of drowning ; mentions of loved one passing

a/n : i'm sorry this took me so long to write! it actually came out longer than i ever anticipated so you dolls are getting fed today! i hope it was worth the wait for you! please enjoy the read while i go to bed finally!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

As expected, the organisers of the gala didn't waste any expense when embellishing the venue in order for it to be suitable for the prestigious heroes atop the various wealthy sponsors and celebrities that would also be in attendance. Despite the decorated setting, Bakugou wasn't feeling too good. There was a weight sitting uncomfortably in the pit of his stomach that made him feel nauseous, which wasn't helped by the decorated dead weight hanging onto his arm as if he was her lifeline.

"I told you to quit clinging onto me, didn't I? Don't use me as an extra crutch when you have your own two feet to stand on," Bakugou scoffed bitterly, looking at said woman with disgust. In the past, he would have been able to put up with multiple women trying to vie for his attention but he was far more irritable tonight. The reasoning behind it was obvious but the stubborn hero was in denial. Why did he even bring this stranger with him in the first place?

"But, Katsuki, I'm your date-"

"Don't call me that," he quickly cut her off. You, yourself, have hardly called him by his first name, so why should she be able to throw it around so casually? It was far more pleasant sounding whenever you called his name too, mainly because you never squeaked and squealed the way she did so your voice didn't scratch his ears like nails on a chalkboard. In fact, your voice was soothing and sweet, much like the many baked goods you were infamous for creating.

He could have gone alone to this gala like he usually did. What in the world made him think that bringing a complete stranger was a good idea? Shrugging off the woman, Bakugou wandered off to the refreshments table at the corner of the venue and grabbed a glass of wine from a roaming waiter. Finally away from the gaze of most attendees, Bakugou slipped into his thoughts under the mature taste of wine.

A distance away was his abandoned 'date' and he watched her as she looked around searching for him but she'll have no luck; he made sure that he was well hidden and moving every so often she wouldn't think to look in the same place twice from the sheer size of the gala. His aimless floating amongst the crowd finally led him to his group of friends and fellow hero colleagues, amongst them was none other than, Kirishima and his significant other.

"Ah! Bakugou!" the instant he heard the red-head's familiar voice, Bakugou wasted no time in getting to Kirishima and his date, Akina, "How are you doing, my man?" Kirishima and Bakugou shared their usual regards, composed of tightly clasped hands and touching shoulders.