The Flight Thing

Mulai dari awal

Jeong Hyeok wrapped the cup in his palms, feeling the warmth spread on the surface of his skin as he watches Seri throw her head back, desperate to get the energy she badly needed from the coffee. He watched as she savoured the sweet caffeine. I guess it's not that hot then, he thought. As soon as Seri took the cup out of her face, Jeong Hyeok shifted his eyes back to his hands, and finally lifted his for a quick sip.

Recharged, Seri felt the willpower to confront Seung Jun. "President Gu, do you have no piles of work here? How can you still have the time to run errands for your girlfriend?" she bluntly asked. He casually replied, while waving his open hand to the clear table, "Seri-ssi, you must've forgotten how competent I am. If that's the case, then where did all the papers in my desk go?" Seung Jun smirked as he added, "I'm not the type to brag but I finished it before evening. Of course, no further issues as always." He turned his head to Jeong Hyeok.

"You'll come with me tomorrow right? I have to meet this gentleman Pyo Chi Su for Seri here," he asked to Jeong Hyeok, silently sitting at the chair, watching the two just bicker in front of him. He shook his head and let out a heavy sigh, "I already told you I have plans for tomorrow."

Seung Jun sat down and focused his attention on the computer. "Right. Where was it again?", his fingers were constantly clicking the mouse. Seri quietly sipped her coffee and enjoyed the luxury of just lounging in someone's office as she decided to listen for some unnecessary conversation before heading back.

"Solbad Hotel." Jeong Hyeok brought the cup to his lips. He stuck out his arm and checked the time. His mind drifted to the thought of the hospital. Ju Meok had to review his patient's chart. That boy would always ask him on almost everything, although there was never a time he got annoyed. He reached out for his phone inside the pocket and tapped on it once, checking its presence. It was a small action that would mean he was always preparing himself for Ju Meok's sudden calls.

"Wow that sounds fancy. Never heard of that in Korea though," Seung Jun's attention was on his screen as he slipped in a casual comment. Seri was holding her cup to her face, as if hiding herself while observing Jeong Hyeok across from her, getting lost in his thoughts.

The last time he saw Gwang Beom was at the ER. He was walking towards a patient on the bed in a fast pace from the nurse's station. Eun Dong was behind him, writing something on his notepad while observing the resident do his quick checkup on the old man. They were actually doing well. The emergency room wasn't that packed when he left. They're absolutely fine, he reassured himself, bringing the coffee to his lips once again.

She was quiet for a good few minutes. Strangely, she found peace from the presence of these two men. Getting out of that office was the best choice I ever made. Never realizing how her stares became piercing and obvious enough to catch Jeong Hyeok's attention, Seri found herself having two pair of eyes look back to hers.

"Wait, isn't that," Seung Jun blurted out. The sound from the constant moving of his mouse, faded.

"In Switzerland? Yes, in Sigriswil if you're that curious." Jeong Hyeok added over. At this point, he was just grazing the rim of the empty cup to his lips while staring at its bottom surface, exposing a faint reflection of him. Seung Jun's eyes instantly widened and search for Seri's who was also processing the same thing.

"So you're going to..."

Jeong Hyeok nodded his head.

"Tomorrow?"

He nodded again.

---

"Ill call you when I get there, Dan-ah. I'm about to board my plane right now." Seri said, ending her call with Dan as she reached for the handle of her luggage. She was sporting a rather eye-catching airport look with her suede over-the-knee boots clicking the floor with every step she took. Topped in burberry overcoat and sunglasses over her head, even the blind would stop and marvel.