"Yuna," Wooyoung said, his voice cutting beautifully through the silence in a way that made my heart skip a beat as I turned to him, letting go of the throne as my eyes finally locked with his; hazel, the colour of autumn and falling leaves at the end of the season. Hazel, the colour of warmth, the lack of time, and a sense of comfort that I had come to depend on.

"I would never silence you. Never. But the overwhelming need to get this off my chest once and for all, to give you all of me, is something that I can no longer hold back so I just need a moment of your time. A moment is all I ask for."

I swallowed thickly, reaching for his hand as he closed his eyes for a moment and entwining our fingers the very moment they fluttered back open, clear and honest and flooding with emotions that momentarily took my breath away.

"Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved, and the many disappointments life has thrown at you."

The King of Autumn took a deep breath as he tightened his grip on my hand, the small action being enough to make my heart skip a beat, picking up, as he continued and the look in his hazel eyes of endless autumn and falling leaves softened.

"The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a word, smile, or laugh become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn't exist at all. In their presence, there's no need for continuous conversation, because all you need is just having them nearby."

"I believe I have found that someone," Wooyoung said, pausing for a moment as he took a step closer to me, "I think of that someone on every occasion and I see them in everything I do. Simple things bring them to mind like the beautiful blue sky, the gentle wind that never leaves me, or even the storm clouds on the horizon when they're away."

I felt tears well up in my eyes as he said, "That someone is you, Kang Yuna," his voice barely more than a breath as it left his lips and he pulled his hand from mine to cup my face instead, "My heart was silent for so long and yet, you managed to open it back up. And I let you, knowing that there's a chance it may be broken one day but in opening my heart, I've experienced a love and joy that I never even dared to dream possible."

"I've found that being vulnerable is the only way to allow my heart to feel true pleasure so real it scares me, terrifies me, even," the king said, caressing my cheek with the back of his thumb and wiping away the tears as they trailed down the flushed skin.

"I have found strength in knowing that I have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal until the very end. Life seems completely different now, no longer dark and hopeless and heartbreaking, but exciting and worthwhile. My only hope and security is in knowing that you're a part of that life, of my life, Yuna."

"I-" I stuttered, choking on my tears as my eyes flickered across the face of the man in front of me, so painfully kind, handsome, and caring, the sound of my heartbeat echoing in my ears like thunder as time itself seemed to stop the moment Wooyoung's next words left his lips.

"I'm in love with you," the King of Autumn said quietly.

"I fell in love with you the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once. At first, I pushed it away, pushed you away, because we accept the love we think we deserve. But then I realized that there is never a right time or place for true love. No, it happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing throbbing moment. But I know now, with my entire being, that I am in love with you because I can no longer fall asleep at night without you on my mind. Because reality is finally better than my dreams."