"Not Just A Shadow" Obanai X Fem! Reader

Start from the beginning

"Oi! Wait, (Y/N)!", Obanai shouted to you.

You couldn't look at him. You just couldn't. If what you said was true, that hurted you a lot. You were just everyone's second choice. Just a rebound. You just ran and ran. Somewhere far away. Far away from everyone.

When you were somewhere far away, you started to let out all your feelings. You shouted. You kicked whatever you could see. You let out all the pent up feelings inside you. The loneliness. The sadness. The anger. The stress. All of it. You wanted to be free of these feelings. You wanted to be happy again. Just like the old times. You wanted to be loved again.

After a while of looking, Obanai finally found you. He saw you letting out all your feelings. Honestly, it pained him to see you like this.

At one point, he thought it was Mitsuri that he loved, but it was you. It was you who made him feel butterflies in his stomach. It was you that he loved.

He loves your timidness, you looked really majestic especially when you read in the Oyakata-sama's garden. It was like he had seen an angel. He loves the way you fight, you always looked graceful. Everything about you intrigued him.

Obanai plans to confess to you, so he seeked to Mitsuri for help. Mitsuri was glad to help, it was for her sister's happiness. Mitsuri wanted you to be happy.

Today was day Obanai was gonna confess to you, but it obviously backfired.

Obanai waited for you to calm down, to commence his plan to confess. But his main priority for now is to comfort you.

When you calmed down, Obanai slowly walked to you and sat beside you. You noticed his presence and was about to leave, he grabbed your arm and pulled you to him and wrapped his arms around you.

Your eyes widened and your face went red. This wasn't what you expected. To make your situation worse, Obanai started to run his fingers through your hair as an attempt to comfort you.

You relaxed at his touch. And grew comfortable at the position you two were in.

"You didn't even let me explain you idiot. Don't just ran off like that.", Obanai stated. You sweatdropped. Your mind was on pessimist mode so you couldn't stop the negative thoughts and ran on instinct.

"I'm sorry...", You apologized. Obanai's hand ledt your hair and flicked your forehead.

"Ow!"

"You better be sorry."

...

"So do you actually like me?",You asked.

"Isn't it obvious? I even went all the trouble to look for you.", Obanai answered.

"Is that so?"

"I'm glad. Hahaha someone actually likes me.", you chuckle to yourself as tears of joy flowed down your cheeks.

"Oi. Stop crying. Are you that much of a crybaby?"

"Hahaha. I'm sorry. I'm just happy.", You started.

"It's just... I'm not just a shadow anymore."

More Obanai Fanarts <33

Next!
Drunk! Tanjiro X Reader