Sentinel

Sometimes the only pay off,
For having any faith,
Is when it's tested again and again,
Everyday,
I'm still comparing your past,
To my future,
It might be your wound, but they're my sutures

Immortals- Fall Out Boy

Despite the apparent success of the negotiations neither Rey nor Ben was happy as they walked back to their respective ships in silence. The events of the day had taken their toll on the couple, specifically the incident with Poe. At the moment, Rey was wondering if going back with him was the best idea. She felt his hurt through the Dyad bond and returned it with anger, anger at his assumptions and jealousy. Poe was her friend, her family. She would not be kept from him or the others because of his paranoia.

A quick shock knocked Rey out of her thoughts, only for a second as a vision passed in front of her eyes.

A temple on some misty world, a figure in white sitting before a candlelit altar.

Vatleria.

Ben continued on for several more steps before he realized she had stopped. He turned to her, concern in his eyes despite the storm of emotions in his dark aura.

Rey was breathless when she finally found her voice. "Ben, I have to go to Vatleria."

Concern became confusion. "Vatleria? Why, there is nothing there but fog. It's completely deserted."

Rey looked at her feet, arms loose at her sides. "I....I don't know. I just know I need to go there. The Force is telling me to go there."

"Then I should come with you."

"No, Ben. I don't know why, but I need to go alone. I'll be all right."

"Rey, it could be a trick. Sidious...."

Rey finally found Ben's eyes with her own, holding his gaze. "No. It's not I feel it. Please, Ben. Please. Wait for me on the Steadfast."

It was Ben's turn to look away, his voice low. "If you're not back in three days, I'm coming after you. "

The Darkness whispered to him of nefarious things that Rey was planning, that she wasn't going to Vatleria, instead she would leave or betray him. He felt her slip her small hand into his, quieting though not silencing the Dark.

The silence between the two resumed as they walked to their twin ships, broken only by the scuffing of the rocky soil beneath their feet.

Ben couldn't let her go, not upset like this. He pulled her into a quick one-armed embraced. His heartbeat quickened as she rested her head against his shoulder, in that spot where it fit oh-so-perfectly. This woman would be the end of him yet.

"Be safe."

"I will. This isn't something dangerous, Ben. I believe that."

They parted with a quick kiss that hinted at what was to come when next they met.

The control panel lit up before Rey, indicating the computer had found their destination. She finished the programming sequence, trusting the autopilot to get her there. The computer said six hours to planet fall, which meant six hours to rest, meditate and prepare for whatever the fuck was waiting for her on Vatleria.

"Hello." spoke a small voice by her foot.

Rey smiled down at Deo. BB8 had expressed some concern about the quiet droid, that he was not fitting in well with the others. Discovering that he was a bit of a loner she had invited him to stay on her ship with her as a watch droid. While she missed BB8 and his outgoing personality, so similar to Poe's, she enjoyed Deo's quiet companionship.