A New Start

A/N: This chapter'll be about how the reader feels about life and the world right now. It'll also cover how she has been during the aftermath of the breakup, and a lil more.

Enjoy!

A week had passed since you broke up with your abusive boyfriend, and you had to be honest; you felt lonely.

Hiro may have been hurtful and uncaring, but he was the only person you could talk to. He made you cut ties with your other friends, male or female.

Even so, you also felt amazing. You didn't need to follow a boy's rules anymore, and that granted you your right to freedom once more.

In present times, it's considered abusive for men to control their significant other. That doesn't stop people, though.

That's what made people so sucky.

They're evil. Greedy. Manipulative. You can't deny it.

Both men and women thrive for themselves. This is the case in un-loyal relationships and business careers. It's how the world is. And you can't change it.

But.

There are always those little gems. The ones you find out of the blue. The people that shine brighter than the sun to you, whether they are social or antisocial.

And I'm not talking about popularity or anything. I'm talking about whether they stick around through anything and everything. If they manipulate or use you, or if they genuinely care for your wellbeing. Personality makes the person, as you say.

It's these type of people that made you hang on. It made you happy that there were these type of people, they were almost like a relief against the brutal reality. If you had these type of people in your life already, it didn't matter. You didn't. But you knew, and told yourself, you'd get one one day, you just had to be patient.

And patient you were.

You wouldn't call your life bad. In fact, you really loved you life. Excluding the relationship. But there were times you felt down, felt unmotivated. During the time spent with Hiro, you had craved human contact. You didn't see anyone else but him for MONTHS, not even your parents. You had a home of your own to go to, being out of college and having a good career, but he never let you. Go to your home, I mean.

As the hours turned into days after the breakup, you felt unusually paranoid. You always though someone was watching you like the way his eyes watched you like a hawk's. You shook it off, labeling it as only a feeling, and continued on.

At the local grocery store, you had bumped into someone who had a (favorite anime) shirt, and decided to talk to them. You two instantly got along, talking about your favorite anime and so on and so forth. You learned that their name was Jayla Renei, and you two exchanged phone numbers. Since then, you two have been texting nonstop, becoming really close friends.

From what it seemed and the information she provided about herself, she was a fun-loving person who liked the heat of the moment. She had striking olive (A/N: i think that's the name of the color) eyes and long, vibrant purple hair that was tied back into a ponytail. Jayla looked very reliable, and gave off the feeling that she would be that one friend that you could always count on.

For the first time in a long time, you felt happy. Even if it was one friend, you found someone you can be yourself with. Jayla accepted you for what you liked, and she had no idea how happy that made you. You felt wanted. You felt like someone cared for once.

You realized that Hiro was bad for you and you needed to get away from him. That was a wise decision. And with that right choice came a reward; a friend. You felt like you can finally let go of Hiro and start anew.

But never did you notice the pair of eyes that followed you the entire time, filled with violent rage.