~Letters~

It had been several days since the fiasco with the Boa Constrictor on Dudley's Birthday, and it had earned Olivia her longest punishment yet. And it was all Harry's fault. She had simply been in the wrong place in the wrong time when the fool had to let loose a giant snake. Secretly, Olivia loved watching Dudley panic, but she knew her priorities. She always tried to act nice to the Dursley's, even though she hated them with every fiber of her being. But she needed to be on their good side, so Harry and her would get better treatment. 

But Harry always ruined it for himself.

Olivia sighed and got off her bed. It had been over a week since she had not left her room, and she was looking forward to today, when her punishment was finally over. Her heart ached for Harry. He had had to stay in that small cupboard under the stairs for so long. By playing nice, Olivia was able to earn the small, guest room that the Dursley's had. She wished she could share this small luxury with her brother, but the Dursley's wouldn't allow it. They may have tolerated her, but they hated Harry just as much as he hated them.

She walked into the breakfast room, where she saw Harry on his way to get some mail. Her spirits lifted instantly, and she hugged Harry tightly. It felt like she hadn't seen him for a long time, although it was only for a week.

"Morning, Liv," Harry mumbled, pulling away from the embrace. He picked up the mail and started walking towards Mr. Dursley when he stopped.

"Hurry up, boy!" shouted Uncle Vernon from the kitchen. "What are you doing, checking for letter bombs?" He chuckled at his own joke. Harry went back to the kitchen, still staring at his letter. He handed Uncle Vernon the bill and the postcard, sat down, and slowly began to open a yellow envelope. 

I walked over to him and looked over his shoulder at the two letters in his hand. One of them said: 

Ms. O. Potter 

The Guest Bedroom

 4 Privet Drive Little 

Whinging 

Surrey

The other letter was identical, except with Harry's initial instead of mine. 

"Dad!" said Dudley suddenly. "Dad, Harry's got something!" Harry was on the point of unfolding his letter, which was written on the same heavy parchment as the envelope, when it was jerked sharply out of his hand by Uncle Vernon. 

"That's ours!" said Harry, trying to snatch it back. 

"Could we please read it Uncle Vernon? It has our name on it," I say, trying to sweet talk. It doesn't work.

"Who'd be writing to you?" sneered Uncle Vernon, shaking the letter open with one hand and glancing at it. His face went from red to green faster than a set of traffic lights. " P-P-Petunia!" he gasped. Dudley tried to grab the letter to read it, but Uncle Vernon held it high out of his reach. Aunt Petunia took it curiously and read the first line. For a moment it looked as though she might faint. "Vernon! Oh my goodness — Vernon!" 

"Get out, both of you," croaked Uncle Vernon, stuffing the letter back inside its envelope. 

"I WANT MY LETTER!" Harry shouted. Olivia mentally face-palmed. How did Harry think Vernon would give it to him if he acted like this?

"OUT!" roared Uncle Vernon, and this time, Harry and Olivia obeyed, rushing away from the kitchen.

Over the next couple days, the same letters kept coming, driving Mr. Dursley to insanity, until finally, when the letters came on Sunday, he cracked.

He took the family to an old house in the middle of the sea, where no one would find them. Olivia and Harry drew little cakes in the dust, counting down the minutes until their birthday.

"Happy Birthday Harry," Olivia whispered, nudging her brother when it was midnight.

"Happy Birthday Liv," Harry said, smiling. 

Before they could blow the fake candles, the door blasted open, and in its place stood a giant man. The noise made the Dursley's come downstairs, and Mr. Dursley had a gun pointed at the intruder. 

"Who are you," he whimpered, and the man was so strong that he was able to bend Mr. Dursley's gun itself. 

Olivia froze when the man's gaze fell on Harry and her. But what confused her more was when his face broke into a huge smile.

"Liv! 'Arry! Las' time I saw you, you two were only babies!". He went on to explain who he was, and why he had come here.

"You're a wizard Harry. And you're a witch, Olivia," he said. While Harry gaped at him, Olivia scoffed. She wasn't ready to believe any random intruder.

"Yeah right! I may be 11, but I'm not that gullible. Why would I believe you?" she asked bravely, looking up at the giant who towered above her.

"How 'bout this?" he asked, and then proceeded to point his umbrella at a fireplace. In a blink of the eye, there was a raging fire inside the fireplace. Olivia's eyes widened in shock. The giant explained who the twins were, and how there parents really died. Olivia's hate for the Dursley's grew when she realized they had lied to them for all those years. Finally, Hagrid pulled out two letters, and handed one to each of the twins. Olivia looked down at hers. 

HOGWARTS SCHOOLof WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore 

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, SupremeMugwump, International Confed. of Wizards) 

Dear Ms. Potter,

 We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted atHogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a listof all necessary books and equipment.Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July31. 

Yours sincerely, 

Minerva McGonagall,Deputy Headmistress

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

There was a long list of supplies in the other letter. 

"How are we going to pay for all of this?" I asked, looking at  Mr. Dursley .

"Don't look at me, girl. I'm not going to spend my money on this joke of a school so you can learn magic tricks!"

Olivia narrowed her eyes dangerously at the man, but Hagrid waved her off, saying, "Don't worry 'bout ter' money Olivia. We're gonna head to the bank firs'!".

Harry looked at Olivia questioningly, and she shrugged in response.

"Tomorrow morning, we'll head for Diagon Alley. Get some rest now," Hagrid said. Olivia moved into her sleeping bag. Even though she closed her eyes, she couldn't sleep. The excitement of this new world kept her wide awake. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! What house do you want Olivia to be in? Slytherin, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff?

Please remember to vote, and comment on the story. Look out for the next update!

-A