I hugged them back and saw Asad standing at the door with his arms folded on his chest. He was smiling and I was confused.

"What happened?" I asked taking Ahsan's backpack off of his shoulder.

"I got a 100% in my maths test!" Ahsan said and I kissed his forehead congratulating him.

"And I got 40%!" Aliza said sadly and I looked at her with a smile. My daughter hates maths with a passion.

"Congratulations!" I said with the same enthusiasm I congratulated Ahsan in. I would never make her feel low of herself and compare her to Ahsan.

A beautiful smile formed on her face and they both hugged me again. "And baba promised to take us to the shopping mall to get my favorite car and Aliza's favorite doll house!" Ahsan said with a huge smile going towards Asad.

I smiled and sat on the bed with Aliza when I noticed Alayna standing behind the wall close to our room door.

"Why are you hiding? You also come" I called Alayna and the look on Asad's face clearly showed he didn't like what I did.

Ignoring him, I watched as Alayna came towards us in slow steps. I extended my arms for her and she sat on my lap.

"That's my mommy! Get off!" Aliza said pushing Alayna off of my lap causing her to fall to the floor.

"Aliza!" I shouted and she started to cry. I picked a crying Alayna off of the floor and placed her face in my neck.

"Shhhh!" I said caressing her hair and I saw Asad lift Aliza in his arms. I walked out of the room with Alayna and brought her to the garden.

"I'm sorry! I didn't want Aliza to feel bad" Alayna said as I placed her on the bench in the garden.

"Shh! Stop crying it's ok!" I said wiping away her tears from her cute face. I hugged her once again and was shocked at the words she said next.

"Zaisha Aunty is right! I'm nothing more than a burden" Alayna said and I made her look at me.

"That is not true! Don't say that again! Am I clear?" I said and she nodded her head.

No matter how many problems a relationship may have at the end, the children suffer the most. I wonder what happened with Alayna.

After sitting on the bench with her for a little while, I took her back to the house. Once I saw that she was settled in the room, I turned to our room.

I opened the door and the first thing I saw was Asad caressing Aliza's hair. Aliza had her eyes closed and she was hiding her face in her fathers neck.

I went closer to them and tip toed kissing Aliza's hair. She was in Asad's arms as he was trying to make her calm.

"Mama is sorry for scolding her princess" I said in Aliza's ears and I knew she heard me but didn't want to look up.

"Sorry" I said in the tone she would use to me. She looked up, but didn't look at me.

"Mama is sorry" I said going behind Asad where I could see her face. A small smile formed on her face, but madam wanted to be stubborn.

"Mommy loves Aliza so much!" I said and this time she smiled. I took her from Asad's arms, not missing the cold vibe he was giving me.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and looked at me. I kissed her tiny nose and she giggled. I played with her for a little while and then tucked her into bed.

____________

After placing Aliza into bed, I came to our room's balcony and found Asad looking at nothing in particular. He was just gazing at the black sky, which was indicating a storm. I hugged him from behind placing my cheeks on his back. He probably noticed my presence before as he didn't flinch or move.

"You did wrong by hurting Aliza today" Asad spoke the first set of word between us after a torturing 5 minutes. I pulled away from him and stood next to him on his right. "That small action made her feel out of place, when she isn't" Asad said and I keenly listened to him before throwing my opinion.

Once he kept quiet, I took it as an indication to speak. "Aliza shouldn't have pushed Alayna like that" I said and he looked at me for a few seconds and then looked away. "It's quite normal for a child to get jealous, when his/her parent calls another child on their lap" He said and I looked away.

Well, I admit I was wrong.

"And the icing on the cake was that you attended Alayna first, instead of Aliza" He said and I looked back at him. "But, I knew you were there and you would surely take her into your arms, and that is exactly what you did" I said and Asad pulled me into his arms. My back was against the balcony's railing and he had his hands on both sides of the railing.

"Your presence would have made her feel better than mine at that time. Anyways, please don't let this happen again" Asad ended the conversation by pecking my forehead.

I pondered over what I did. Indeed I was wrong. I should have attended Aliza first. But how could I just leave Alayna hanging?

Ya Allah! Please don't ever create a situation like this for any mother or me, I silently prayed and then both of us fell asleep next to our children.

____________

"Uggh! Asad!" I said as I felt him blowing air on my neck. Today was Saturday and since he isn't going to office because he promised the kids to buy them their favorite toys, he's annoying me for the past 15 minutes.

Murdering my sleep, I opened my eyes to see him laying on the bed shirtless. "What?" I asked annoyed and he smirked. He kissed my forehead and pulled me into his embrace. I hid my face in the crook of his neck and tried to sleep. Keyword 'tried'

My two munchkins came and started to make loads of noise with their father. I groaned as I knew Asad was teasing me. "Mommy shark dou du du" Asad encouraged them singing the song Aliza loved.

"Mr Ahmad! How about you sleep on the couch tonight? Sounds like a great plan right? Great! I love the plan" I said and his face was worth watching. I got off the bed leaving an Asad with his mouth wide open.

I got ready and also got the children ready. Once everyone had breakfast and were ready we decided to go to the mall. I was about to leave the house when I spotted Alayna looking at us from afar. I felt bad for her so I brought her along with us.

Once the three of them spotted me, I noticed their faces fell. I made Alayna sit in the back with Ahsan and Aliza, and I then sat in the front. "What happened? Lets go" I told Asad who was looking at me as I fastened my seat belt.

He gave me an annoyed look, but nevertheless he drove off.

~~~

So how's the chapter?

Do vote, comment and share. Have a good day beautiful people!

Stay safe, take care and keep spreading LOVE!