The photos didn't have any message written on them but he found a letter at the end of the envelope.

"Dear Aaron,

I thought you were better than this. You disappointed me and for that I am compelled to punish you. If you don't confess to Allison what you did to her, there will be blood spilled. And it's not going to be yours. You have until Wednesday to tell her. That's all I want, for you to be single. You were almost mine, love, but that whore appeared and ruined everything.

I will know if you confess or not, do not even try to fool me. Or I will send these pictures and more, to your soon to be ex girlfriend.

Remember, Wednesday 16th".

As he read the letter, his mind got full of people who could or couldn't have sent it.

It was Friday 11th, meaning he had five days to come up with a plan.

Aaron had a stalker. And this crazy person made a clear threat. Someone will get hurt, whether it's physically or psychologically. The only thing he had to do was tell Allison about what had happened, which he was going to do eventually, just not confess the entire truth.

How will this person know if I tell her though? He thought, checking everything in his office, looking for cameras and microphones. Nothing. They could have tapped his phone, so he got the backup one he had sealed in his office drawer, writing down in a paper the important contacts before he crushed his old phone with his foot, crushing it until it turned into dust. He felt sick.

He went to pour a glass of scotch and drank it in one sip, then poured another one. He had to let Stella know that she was in danger. He called her two times but she didn't pick up, then texted from the new phone, 'This is Aaron, call me ASAP'.

Aaron finished his drink and put everything in his briefcase. Even when he drank alcohol he still drove back home that night. He thought about telling Rossi about it, he was in a complicated situation and wasn't sure if the right thing was to take care of it on his own.

Sleeping that night wasn't an option. He prepared a pot of coffee and installed in his desk, studying the letter over and over. The black ink was marked strongly on the plain paper, some words were more marked like 'whore' and 'blood', almost ripping through the paper, clearly written by an angry person. There was no way to say if it was a male or female, just someone who was obsessed with him since the person called him 'love'. It could be anyone.

Why Wednesday 16th, why that specific date? He kept wondering, trying to think of what was next Wednesday. He hasn't even planned that day yet. Then went back to every Wednesday of the past two years, and every 16th of every month. Nothing. His head was empty.

He will definitely have to tell someone.

The next morning he got to work earlier than usual, ready to investigate his own case. Stella didn't call him back until ten a.m.

They hadn't talked since that night, and speaking through the phone felt a little awkward for the both of them, but Stella missed his voice and Aaron was so worried about her.

"What happened, why the new number," she asked nervously.

Aaron sighed deep, glad to hear her voice. "I'm  being extorted by someone, a stalker and you might be in danger. I got an envelope full of pictures of us, of our night and the cabin."

Stella's heart dropped to her stomach. She thought about the night in the cabin, when she saw those pairs of eyes creepin through the bushes. It was real, it was someone and not something.