Hey, Cinderella

Summary: Tony likes throwing his parties. You don't like parties, but you go anyway. Your dress catches the eye of a certain someone, but he's too chicken to talk to you. So you wait for him to approach you. But what he says to you shocks you more than anything. Luckily for you, the night doesn't end there.

Warnings: language, a very brief bit of an implied sexy scene

Length: 1.5k

You started at your red dress that hung in your closet. Your heels and makeup pallet sat on your dresser.

You didn't want to go to Tony's party tonight. You weren't even sure what the party was for. All you knew was that Tony kept begging you to be there.

If you didn't start getting ready now, you were going to be late. With a groan, you took your stuff into the bathroom to get ready.

Your red dress hung down to your knees, and dipped down in the chest. You spent a long time on your makeup, wanting it to be perfect.

Even though you didn't want to go to the party, you wanted to look good. You were hoping to catch the eye of a certain super soldier. Your heart fluttered at the thought of dancing with him.

But he hardly ever spoke a word to you. He never acknowledged you.

That's what hurt. He never noticed you.

You were determined to change that. It all started tonight.

You put on your heels and ran a brush through your hair. You let it fall naturally, since there wasn't enough time to do anything with it.

Just once, you wanted to catch his attention. Just once, you wanted to be his. Just once, you wanted to be enough for him.

The party was already started by the time you walked in.

"There you are! I was wondering if you'd ever show up." Tony walked over, grinning. "The light of the party finally showed up."

"Stop it." You groaned. "You know I don't like parties. I never did."

"This one is different." He squeezed your shoulder. "You seem tense. Come on, I'll get you something to drink, okay? How's water sound to start?"

You nodded.

Tony got you a water, and said he'd find you later.

You sipped on your water and lingered near the edge of the party. Even after your cup was empty, you still held onto it.

You hated parties because there were too many people. The first time you were at a party, you were little. You didn't remember much.

It was your sixth birthday party. You were happy and spending time with your family. Then there was screaming and you remember crying.

You quickly stepped outside onto the balcony before anyone could catch you crying. You lost your parents that night. You lost your family. You had to cover your mouth with your hand to made sure your cries were silent.

No one seemed to notice you were gone. You hoped it stayed that way for a while.

"You know, you really should go find her." Steve nudged his best friend. "I caught you staring earlier."

"I was not!" Bucky argued. "I was just shocked to see her dressed up like that, that's all."

"What color was her dress?"