Chapter 2

'yessss! we're given one month holiday!'

ryeowook happily shouted, reaching for a bottle of soju to share with kyuhyun. everyone had gathered in the dorm to celebrate their win and the end of this comeback. chugging down alcohol, everyone happily chatted and drank, getting wasted as the night dragged on. heechul smiled happily at the sight, calmly sipping on water as he watched his dongsaengs play around ; eunhyuk had been teasing yesung, earning him a tirade of curses and profanities from the elder ; siwon had gotten into talking business with shindong, both seriously discussing which stocks to invest in as they poured each other soju. glancing over at leeteuk, he saw the latter staring at him, as if sizing him up.

sliding over to leeteuk's side, he poured him a drink. leeteuk gulped down a glass and turned to heechul, confusion on his face.

'i swear you've gotten thinner, chullie.... you look different....'

heechul looked the older man, part tipsy and part concerned. reassuring leeteuk,

'nothing's changed, perhaps you're just drunk?' 

he offered leeteuk another drink, careful to hide his bony fingers. the night deepened, as everyone began to droop off, with leeteuk falling asleep on the sofa. quietly shutting the door to the dorm, heechul took a cab home, letting out a sigh of relief, managing to fool everyone for one more day.