06. The Heir of Slytherin

Magsimula sa umpisa

And that made Tom hate him even more.

˗ˏˋ 🐍 ˎˊ˗

        "WE ALWAYS END UP IN THE LIBRARY TOGETHER." Tom observed as Phoebe looked at the books on one of the many bookshelves. He was watching her with a blank expression on his face. He noticed how her eyebrows were creased in frustration, and her lips were shaped into a small frown. A piece of her hair fell into her face, and he reached over and slowly moved it so that it was behind her ear. Tom was immensely pleased when that action made her turn her eyes to him. "What are you looking for?" he asked.

"A book on the soulmates Salazar told us about." Phoebe replied, although her voice was soft and it looked as if she weren't really paying attention to what she was saying. She was too distracted by the color of Tom's eyes. They were dark grey, almost black, and Phoebe could feel herself becoming lost in them. But she couldn't bring herself to fight the feeling.

     Tom's mouth quirked upward into a small smirk and Phoebe's eyes followed the motion. "You won't find that book here." he said.

      Phoebe looked back at his eyes and questioned, "You know where it is?"

      "Of course." Tom replied, "I found it yesterday."

       "Where is it?" Phoebe eagerly asked.

Tom hummed and then smiled at her teasingly, "Now, why should I tell you that?"

"Because I love you." Phoebe immediately said as she took a step closer to him. Their chests were almost touching as she raised her head to look at him.

A dark glint appeared in Tom's eyes and his whole demeanor seemed to change in the blink of an eye. He clenched his hands at his sides, and a small frown appeared on his face. "Really? You love me?" his voice was disbelieving, "Because you and Rider," he angrily spat his name, "seemed pretty close. You love him to?"

Phoebe was taken aback by his behavior and instinctively took a step back. One moment their having a good time, and the next he was angry. "Are you.." she trailed off and Tom raised an eyebrow as he waited for her to continue, "Are you jealous of him?"

Tom scoffed, "Jealous? Of him?! Why would I be jealous of him? I merely think you shouldn't be saying you love me when it's clear you wouldn't waste a second in befriending another male if you had the choice."

      Phoebe raised an eyebrow, "I feel like we've had this discussion before." Tom's eyebrow twitched and Phoebe quickly continued, "You said I could have other friends."

      "I didn't know they would flirt with you!" Tom fumed, "Would you like it if a random girl came up the me and started kissing my hand?!"

      Phoebe couldn't help the amused smile that came on her face. "No, I wouldn't."

      Tom narrowed his eyes at her, "Why are you smiling? We're having a serious conversation."

      Phoebe let out a small, affectionate, laugh, "Because you are jealous." Tom opened his mouth to argue with her again, but she had already began talking, "You don't have to worry about him. No one is going to take your place."