As in, nothing.

Somehow, it was if she wasn't there. She was almost fading away. When she arrived at dinner about 10 minutes ago, we were all taken aback by how she was.

Her skin was pale, her eyes were unreadable and it lacked the shine it usually carried, and her bright happy smile was gone.

She was almost like Helena Ravenclaw. That ghost never wore a smile on her face. She always just had that depressed blank look on her face. The same expression which Lizzie was harboring now.

It was a bit surprising that only now the topic of her condition started to bother her. I think the idea of her dying so soon must've caught up to her since each day was passing without hesitation. My family and I were all sneaking looks at her with concern.

But I couldn't help but notice, though she looked light, she seemed to be heavy in thought. She always paused when she ate, then carried on after a minute or two. Then I would sometimes see her close her eyes shut, just for them to open back up again.

I then heard my sister, Lily, clear her throat. "So," She began, "How've you been, Lizziebear?" She asks cheerfully, using her nickname for Lizzie that she made up a few years back. Obviously, she was trying to lighten up the mood.

"Just fine."' Liz spoke, her words light, but empty and emotionless.

Liar.

She may have been able to say she was before, but now...She was so down that she couldn't even convince anyone of her lies. Lizzie was never much of a liar, and only lied to protect everyone from the truth. All the past lies she told once before were usually white and tiny little liars. Her biggest lie was probably telling everyone that she was fine when she completely wasn't.

"So where were you all day?" Hugo asked.

"Yeah, we were gonna get you for lunch, but you were gone." Alice asked. "You did eat lunch, right?"

"I was in the library. Homework." Lizzie said, still using the same tone with us all. She didn't even bother to look at us when she talked. She kept her head down to her plate. "I ate breakfast and lunch in the kitchens."

Yeah, I was expecting that. Even upset, she couldn't resist the beautiful temptations of food.

"So what else did you do today?" Freddy asked as he took a sip of his drink. "I finally gotten up the courage to talk to that girl I told you about." Freddy spoke up.

"That's good." She simply replied, ignoring his question.

We all stared at her and her use for blunt words. Lizzie was always a talker, but now, I think the topic of her condition pretty much sucked the life out of her.

What the hell were we gonna do?

LIZZIE

When I woke up this morning, I felt light, almost invisible. Memories of my talk with my Dad returned and I felt odd. I didn't feel depressed enough to cry as how I was yesterday. But today I just felt empty. I wanted to be alone today. I didn't feel like speaking to anyone, or felt like communicating with others. To me, I was a reminder to them that I was just a disappointment that couldn't live life long enough. I was a disappointment for my life being so short, and hardly well spent.

Today, I was going to live up to my quidditch name: The Lizard.

I was gonna be light and invisible. No emotion to show. Making everyone guess what I'm about to do next.

Rose tried to pull me out of bed earlier this morning, but I refused. After she left, an hour or few later, I got ready and left the room as well. But I didn't go to where they were. When I first left the common room, I simply wandered around. I didn't know where I wanted to go. I felt lost.