Chapter 9: Confrontation

Lizzie's POV

Today was the big quidditch game between the eagles and the lions. If this was a real animal fight event, who'd you think would win?

Some bird, or an animal that's the king of jungle that can rip and eat your head off?

Yup. I made us Gryffindors sound more appealing. But it's true though! A bird vs. a lion. What the heck is a bird suppose to do! Scratch the lion's eyes out? Ha! Our lion's still crazy.

The Ravenclaws were dead meat.

Everyone of us on the team were all sitting together, eating lunch. We always sat together for a meal, before a game. We usually used the time to energize ourselves, and to go over some last minute strategies.

"You lot ready for the game?" Alice asked. Most of us nodded.

"Well, most of us..." Dom said, nodding towards James. We all looked at him, and I sighed sadly. He was beginning to look like Rose. This is what I was afraid of. I didn't want anyone to know about my condition. If they did, they'd end up like Rose and James. They were exhibit A, and exhibit B. They'd been lacking sleep, and it was obvious. Wood was scolding James for not getting enough sleep earlier. "I mean look at him! He practically resembles Rose now! Is there some kind of flu going around that I don't know about! I mean, first Rose gets all moody and depressive, then she has issues sleeping, then sometimes hardly ever touches her food. Now it's James! It's like the bloody plague around here! First, it was Rose and Liz. Then it just became Rose. Now, it's Rose and James! What is going on here!"

"Well, I don't know Dominique." Maci says sweetly, a couple seats away from the lot of me. She was sitting next to Al, as usual, stroking a strand of hair out of his face, and clinging to her arm. Ever since the accident, Maci she didn't even sneer at me anymore. She just refused to acknowledge me. And I'm glad she did. "I've noticed something though. Rose got upset when Elizabeth got upset. The James got depress after Elizabeth's accident. It seems to me that Elizabeth's a bit of bad lack. You shouldn't keep her around much. You know...Just to avoid any depressions going about the place. A sad life is contagious." Never mind what I said. She's obviously back to not ignoring me now. Now she was just going to rub it in on how a waste of space I was.

Next to me, I could feel Rose stiffen, her hands clenched into a fist.

"Why you, bit-" Rose began as to stand up.

"No." I told her, grabbing her arm, pulling her back down to her seat. "She's not worth it." I muttered.

"She's not even worth being a Gryffindor. She should be a bloody Slytherin for crying out loud!" She hissed quietly.

"Are you just going to let that thing insult Liz, Al!" Lily demanded, standing up from her seat, glaring at her brother. She was obviously giving him a chance to prove himself as a worthy friend, but being the blithering idiot he is, he didn't even notice it.

"Babe, just leave them alone." Al sighed sadly as he told Maci.

"Babe, just leave them alone." Lily mimicked. "Seriously! That's all you can say!"

"Just stop it, alright!" I said. Just loud enough for our whole group to hear. Everyone in the team/group was silent, all listening in to Lily's rant. "Now look, we should head to the pitch already, and warm up. We can't afford to lose this game." And with that, I stood up and walked away, broom in hand.

"Alright!" Aiden Wood announced to us a few minutes before the game started. Here we go, the quidditch captain speech. Good lord. "Today, we're playing Ravenclaw! Now, we practiced hard! When we win this match, we get to against Slytherin for the cup..."