Wednesday, January 23rd.

Start from the beginning

"Well..." he bit his lip. "I found one" he whispered.

"Hero..." I chocked. I didn't know what to say.

How did he remember that?

"You said your brother kept bringing you one of those every week when you were little. But when he moved out he wasn't doing that anymore" he explained.

I haven't seen my brother in so long, I actually wanted to tear up.

"How about I bring you one every week instead?" he asked with a smile. "Would you like that?"

At this I let out a tear and nodded.

"Hey, you are crying" he asked concerned. Next thing I knew he was lifting my chin with his fingers. He looked straight into my eyes and he whispered "the rose matches your eyes"

I let out a sob. "My brother used to say that" I whispered back.

His hands moved to either side of my face so I could look at him. "How are you so beautiful even when you cry?"

Well, there goes my heart.

I couldn't look at him anymore or I might have done something stupid like lean in, close my eyes, and brush my lips against his or something. 

So I put my hands around his neck and pulled him for a hug.

"Thank you" I whispered.

Instead of answering he pulled me closer to him and I felt him smiling against my neck.

"Ugh, you guys are making me sick" Megan said suddenly. I didn't even realize she was still sitting there. "I need to leave before you start making out or something. Oh is that Cole over there? He looks uneasy. I'll go see if he needs a new friend" she stood up.

"Aren't you and Nate getting back together?" I fired not even caring if Hero, the guy who had a crush on her, was listening. 

"I'm just looking for a friend, Jo. Don't let it get into your head" she said. "Anyway, toodles!" she said and skipped happily to Cole's direction.

She went to him and waved at him as she started playing with her hair and talking.

She was definitely flirting with him. 

I felt my heart burn.

Cole looked uncomfortable as he tried to look around and not at Megan. He was probably the only guy who would toss an opportunity to talk to her.

Poor Cole.

His eyes finally landed on me and I immediately shivered. He smiled shyly waving a hand and I did the same. Megan didn't look very happy with that. 

"Hey, I'm talking to you" Hero clapped his hands in front of me and I finally took my eyes away from Cole. "You are being pretty obvious, Jo. Can you at least look at me while I'm talking to you? We're supposed to be dating. You didn't see me staring at Megan's boobs while I was giving you that rose, did you?"

I sighed. "Sorry" I only said.

What if Cole falls for Megan too? I won't take it.

"By the way, did you notice if she was jealous or not? I tried to look at you with heart eyes as much as I could, but it's not that easy to look at you like that, Langford. I deserve a medal" he laughed.

And at this, the moment was gone.

He was indeed an asshole.

I slapped his arm and I was about to leave but he caught mine and made me sit down again.

"Chill, I'm joking, jeez" 

I looked back at Cole and Megan. Cole was talking now and Megan was pretending to listen to him while touching his arm. I gritted my teeth just as Cole's head turned to my direction again.

Again, he smiled and waved at me and I did the same.

"Can you stop?" Hero slapped my hand down angrily, so I wouldn't wave at him. "When you are with me, you won't be looking at another guy" 

"You need to chill" I told him, smelling the blue rose in my hands once again.

He pressed his lips together. "Okay, they are both looking now, let's kiss"

And then he came closer, grabbing my face.

Okay, what the fuck? At this point I was questioning if my life was real or if I was actually in the Matrix.

"Excuse me, no" I said while putting my fingers on his lips so I could push him away.

He looked at me confused, while he removed my hand from his lips. "Why? Couples kiss all the time! And we need to make it believable. She is looking. Right now is the best opportunity"

"I agreed to fake date you, not to kiss you"

"Kissing is part of the dating" 

"Yeah, but I don't want my first time kissing someone to be fake, okay?" I said before I could even control it.

He let out a breath. "Oh" he only said.

I lowered my head.

"You haven't kissed anyone?"

"It's not that big of a deal"

He gulped. "Yeah, of course it isn't" he stuttered. "I should have know. I'm sorry for even asking you"

I actually didn't expect that reaction off him.

He suddenly groaned. "Aiden's here. I gotta go" he stood up.

"Wait, you guys aren't talking?" I asked.

"If he wants to go behind my back and make out with the girl I like, then he doesn't deserve me to be his friend. He's lucky I haven't beaten his ass yet"

Aiden passed by our table and looked like he wanted to say something but he didn't. Regret was covering his face.

"Are you actually that mad about it?"

He shrugged. "I don't really know" he admitted. "Oh fuck he's looking. Okay, I'm leaving" he said but before he did he leaned in, grabbed my chin and kissed me in the corner of my lips, mostly my cheek but it still made me blush. He had his back on Cole and Megan so I know to them it looked like we were actually kissing.

"Still gotta put on a show, babe" he whispered and winked at me before he turned around to leave.

"Oh, wait" he turned back to me. "Two shows" he corrected.

Which reminded me. 

We have our first rehearsals for the play on Friday.

Which means Cole and I doing our scenes together and having to talk to each other.

Oh boy.