Chapter 9

I chase the terrified rogue ninja who held a secret scroll. It was sneakily stolen from the restricted area of the Hokage's library.

I swiftly jump closer towards him. Causing him to move more closer to the edge of the uneven cliff. Eventually, he is carefully running along the tip of the cliff until he reaches a dead end. I skillfully activate my Chidori.

"Hand it over"

He gapes at me in fear. He weakly throws it at me, I effortlessly catch it with my free hand and slowly slide it into my pants pocket. I take a small step closer. He trembles in fear.

"I-I gave you t-the scroll"

I remain silent.

"P-please"

I edge closer, my Chidori chirping loudly.

"I have a wife and children. I need the money"

I stop a few centimetres away from him.

"Should have got the money abiding the rules~"

I puncture his scrawny chest. My arm slides through with ease. The warm crimson liquid coats my cold pale hands. I hold his shoulder as I ruthlessly rip my arm out of him. He grabs my shoulder and looks at me with tears flowing from his eyes. I roughly shove him off the cliff and intently watch as he falls through the air and lands with a satisfying splash in the raging current of the river.

I hold my hand up and examine the dripping liquid that clings onto it. I smile to myself. I can't see her blood.

"Ruthless as ever senpai"

I turn around and see a male, shorter than me with short, scruffy blue hair.

"tiger"

"Why do you always examine the blood on your hand after you stab someone?"

"...to check something..."

Tiger pauses, knowing that he shouldn't intrude further.

I leap from tree to tree. The wind flowing through my hair, pushing my grey locks side to side. The cool air hugs my body, giving me comfort from the scorching sun.

I freeze.

That chakra...that comforting, goofy and childish chakra. That chakra belonged to a comforting, goofy and childish boy of my past.

"Senpai?"

"Carry on without me. I'll be right behind you"

"Ok?"