𝟭𝟭. the golden boy

Start from the beginning

"One of them is a child. According to the files," she began, voice laced in concern and pity before rummaging quickly at the folder she held. "she's fifteen... my age when I woke up before—"

'Ah, so that's why.' Artemis has once again formed an unconscious connection towards a stranger she sympathized with.

At this information, Marx frantically pulled the Wizard King to the side so he could have a peek at the current status of her Royal Highness. One scratch on this woman and he would consider himself as good as dead meat to Augustus.

After all, her birthday was just around the corner.

"Lord Julius! I don't think Lady Artemis should be—" the Wizard King lifted his index finger to the thin smile his lips created, signifying for Marx to shut his rambling before he tilted his head to the direction of the communication device.

The royal adviser, though hesitant, made a decision to fully watch the projection. Assuming that Artemis would've taken action by now was to save the poor little girl, he covered both of his eyes with trembling hands when the said girl moved to a different hiding spot. 

Instead of saving the children from the very place and lab that could be the cause of their death, she pivoted the heel of her foot and used the momentum to swiftly take the barrel of the syringe with the vines and replace it with a similar colored liquid of different content.

"It's... done."

Julius smiled in triumph while Marx sighed in relief, "Well done, Artemis-chan! This ends your mission. Return safely so we can enjoy the cake Marx brought." her ears perk up at the mention of 'cake' and nodded her head before taking a stride to exit the place.

'I'll come back for all of you...'

She knew better than to repeat the same mistake twice. Postponing the arrangements for their researches will have to do for now.

ARTEMIS HAD CONVINCED HERSELF that there is more to what meets the eye when one decides to venture off into the great unknown. Folklores in Clover existed, of course. The Kingdom itself is known for its rich history, written in various accounts.

But the sight of a lonely man in the middle of the forest with a white robe was not on her list.

Though Artemis could have summoned one of her transportation spells for a faster trip, she took the opportunity to postpone her meeting with her uncle. Simply the thought of his face was enough to rankle her.

'Is... is he glowing?'

It would be rude to only stare at them, she had thought. And yet a part of her only wanted to due to the amount of mana she felt them contain.

'Those ears... he's an... elf? I thought they were extinct long ago?' Spending time with a certain nerd for magic definitely had its advantages, and this, being able to acknowledge the existence of other living beings that roamed freely in the lands of the Kingdom, was one of them.

"Good day, Artemis." the person uttered before he slowly turned to faced Artemis who was not fazed by their greeting.

His eyes gazed at her lazily just seconds before completely becoming those that sparked in interest, curiosity, and above all else familiarity.

"Oh, you know of me?" the mage nodded their head in response. Taking note of their seemingly ominous presence, yet well-mannered demeanor, Artemis bowed before eyeing the man from head to toe till she was met with his eyes that shone incandescently under the touch of the afternoon light.

If the topic was about favoritism in regards to one's eyes, the princess always took a liking to Dorothy's or either that of the eldest or youngest Silva. One could conclude from there that she was fond of anything lilac.

And yet the sight of his somehow persuaded her otherwise.

With a smile dancing on his lips, he introduced himself, "I've heard a lot about you, Your Royal Highness. I am Licht, at your service. A pleasure to meet you, at last."

chapter eleven, end.

▅▅▅

a/n: sorry for suddenly disappearing! but im back now <3