𝓒 ᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ 10 | not today

Alex stood in the arena, finally in one after her horrendous injury. She was standing in the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - the arena that was hosting the first-all-women's pay-per-view, Evolution.

The environment was amazing, everyone was excited and genuine contentment filled the backstage area, where Alex was.

Even though much time had passed, she was still on crutches, which wasn't out of the ordinary but she wasn't meeting the goals she was hoping for. She was almost about three months in since her surgery and she was hoping that they would've taken her off the crutches, so she can do more.

However, her Achilles wasn't improving as much as she thought it was because she still felt discomfort whenever she would put the slightest bit of weight on her injured leg. It was underwhelming but she was still optimistic about things.

She tried not to think about it so much because it tended to upset her since all she wanted to do was get back to work and finally do things without something supporting her.

Though, being involved in the Evolution pay-per-view was better than nothing and she was enjoying just being there with everyone else. The energy in the locker room was outstanding as every woman there was exhilarated beyond belief and things were just getting started.

Alex was practically talking to everyone there. They were asking questions about her injuries, her well-being, and how much longer it would take for her to come back.

She spoke with many women wrestlers she looked up to, as well as being a part of many interviews.

She was also told that she was going to be able to sit out in the crowd during the Mae Young Classic final, where Toni was facing Io.

That was the match she wanted to watch the most out of all of them because she wanted to support her best friend as Toni did for her since Alex got injured.

She then found out she was going to sit in the crowd and watch it right there, it was simply amazing.

"I'm scheduled to win tonight, Alex," Alex watched Toni, her expression full of panic and worriment as Alex covered her mouth in excitement and fulfillment.

She didn't know what exactly to do or how else to react since Toni looked scared out of her mind, but Alex was so proud, "I mean, are you okay? How do you feel about this?" Alex's question caused Toni to look at her, her eyes showed how terrified she was after hearing the news.

Toni had let out a small, unamused, and nervous chuckle, "I think I'm going to cry." Alex comforted her and gave her a hug, seeing her friend panicking was a bit humorous as she understood why she was in the first place.

Toni deserved it and this was the perfect redemption story for her, especially after getting eliminated in last year's Mae Young Classic.

Alex had made small conversations about random things to distract Toni away from her nervousness when the show was almost beginning. All the staff members were rushing around and so were the many wrestlers, conversing with one another about their matches.

People were starting to fill in the seats and the first match of the evening was a dark match, which consisted of Rhea versus Dakota Kai. Alex hadn't seen Rhea in a couple of days but they have hung out a few times in the past few weeks.