𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

She let out cries as she was dragged from her home, screaming out in protests as she thrashed around in the persons arms. Tears were cascading down her face as she looked at her older sister who was staring at her, making sure that she kept her eyes on the older blonde so that she wouldn't have to see her parents dead bodies that were lying on the floor, bloods covering every inch of their skin, scarlet coating the beige walls and ruby flooding the wooden floors. And her sister did nothing as she screamed out her name.

She was placed into an orphanage, having no other family members left alive besides her sister. And she stayed in the orphanage, sitting in the farthest corner by herself as she contemplated what it would be like to have her sister by her side again. And that's when it happened. She didn't enjoy being messed with, or talked to, unless it was absolutely necessary. She had always been a really nice girl, but then she wasn't. Her emotions went blank. She felt absolutely nothing. And she didn't understand what was happening.

The little girl she shared a room with that was two years older than she was, tended to mess with her. She would say cruel things, and usually the blonde didn't mind the words being thrown at her. But, that was a whole different story when her emotions were off. She stood up, a blank look on her face as she looked at the older girl before she clapped her hands together, a vibration emitting from them and going right into the girl. She was thrown violently backwards, her head slamming against the wall and blood rolling down her temple. It wasn't until she had truly processed in her mind what she had done had the emotions turned on, and the cries of horror fell from her mouth.

Incidents like these continued to happen, and she didn't understand what was wrong with her. She didn't know how to control what she was feeling, or the vibrations that would continuously take place from her hands, and then, when her emotions were on, she could feel every single persons emotions which caused her to become overwhelmed and shutdown.

The girl already couldn't sleep, the memory of her parents bloodied bodies stuck in her mind, along with her sister who just watched her being dragged out of her home. As she sat there in the lunch room by herself, picking at her food, one of the workers came up to her, telling her that she had a visitor. And so, she followed the woman, curious as to who wanted to see her. And that's when she met him. Professor X, or Charles Xavier. He offered the girl a small smile as she sat down on the couch.

"You must be Aurelia Quinn, correct?" The man asked her. She looked at him, frowning slightly as she felt his emotions fuel her. He was excited, happy to see the girl that was sitting in front of him. She nodded her head in response. "Well, good. We have a lot of things to discuss, Miss Quinn."

"Who are you?" She managed to softly ask.

The man smiled at her before answering. "Charles Xavier. And I've come to take you to your new home. A place where I can help you."

"Help me?" She asked, cocking her head slightly. "With what?"

He looked at the girl. "With the unusual situations that keep occurring with everyone around you." Aurelia's eyes widened slightly, making her move backwards against the back of the couch. "Don't be afraid. I'm not here to hurt you, Aurelia. I'm here to help you. To help you understand."

"There's something wrong with me." She whispered. He shook his head.

"There's nothing wrong with you, Aurelia. You're just unique. I have many others that are unique like you."

"Like me. . ." She mumbled, cocking her head. He smiled again.

"Yes, exactly like you. An outcast. An unusual being." He looked at the girl, reading through her mind, watching the memories of her parents flash through the back of her head. He frowned slightly before smiling once more. "Would you like to meet them? The others?"

Aurelia looked around the room, biting the inside of her cheek. Should she trust this strange man? Probably not. But, she'd rather be somewhere else than in the orphanage. So, with hesitancy, Aurelia nodded her head. "Yes, I would like that."

"Wonderful. They'll be delighted to meet you, Aurelia."

"It's Aria." She mumbled, offering the smallest of smiles. He gave her one back before she got up, and walked out of the room, preparing to leave with the man in the wheelchair.