Sheer determination

Alex's PoV

I'm driving home to get some things for myself as I have no intention of leaving Miracle alone and I know she won't come back to the house. I grab everything I'll need for a week and think if I need anything else I can buy it or just pop back while Miracle is at school. Once I have my stuff collected I sit down and really think about what Nicole said about IVF. I feel bad because when Miracle said about having a baby I was more than willing to give her it whenever she wanted it but with Nicole I'm seriously questioning whether I want to go through with the IVF, that's why I suggested getting tested first. All I can think about now though is seeing Miracle getting round and glowing from pregnancy, which instantly makes me rock hard and I feel bad for feeling like this.

After collecting everything I go and get some ice cream and head back to Miracles. I walk into the house and notice that Nicole is alone.

Al - is everything ok?
Nic - she wants space.
Al - did she say why.
Nic - she doesn't know how to deal with this and feels like we're using her as a temporary baby while we try to have a real one.
Al - did you tell her she wasn't temporary.
Nic - yeah but I'm not sure if she really believes it. I think we should leave and give her the space that she wants and needs.
Al - I'm not leaving her alone Nicole.
Nic - what about me?
Al - seriously Nicole you literally said yesterday morning that you needed some space away from me, so this solves that for you.
Nic - ok I guess that does, I have my appointment tomorrow after school to have the tests done. I spoke to Miracle about it and she outlined some very important things to me.
Al - oh what was that?
Nic - she said if she isn't supposed to be a temporary fixture surely she needs to know things in the event that your away on business or you can't be reached because your in a meeting. I also explained about us getting tested and she said that it was a good thing to get checked as we may find out that we may need donors or even a surrogate, which would of wasted a lot of time and money on IVF. She was very mature about the whole thing.
Al - looks like she's either interested in this type of thing or knows someone that has gone through it before. Very intelligent young woman and very conscious of what she wants and needs.
Nic  - she is indeed, well I'm going to head home and get some rest before work tomorrow.
Al - ok I will talk to you later love you.
Nic - love you to.

Nicole leaves

I head upstairs to find Miracle and find her in bed with music playing softly in the background.

Al - hey princess you want to come have some ice cream with me?
Mira - oh hey, I thought you were going home with Nicole.
Al - I told you earlier I'm either staying here with you or staying with you at the house. I did give you the choice and you've said your staying here, so I'm staying here with you and I've even brought clothes with me.
Mira - yeah I chose here Alex because I need space.
Al - I know you want space baby but I need to be here with you it's killing me knowing I've hurt you and that your trying to pull away, I told you I would do anything even give you a baby. So can you please allow me to stay plus Nicole wanted some time away from me as well.
Mira - why does Nicole want some time away for?
Al - I normally spend some nights in a guest room so we can have some down time from each other.
Mira - that's not the whole answer is it?
Al - no but I'm just not ready to explain that yet if that's ok.
Mira - yeah that's fine and you can stay just put your clothes in the space in my cupboard. What ice cream did you get?
Al - thank you for the space princess, and I got your favourite chocolate fudge brownie.
Mira - yay yummy, yummy in my tummy.

I laugh at her antics and walk downstairs with her and put a new movie on for us while eating our ice cream. The film has finished and I look at Miracle and see that she is asleep so I carry her to bed. I jump in the shower quickly and get dressed for bed, I climb in and pull Miracle towards me and drift off to sleep with thoughts of how good it feels to have her in my arms.