𝐈𝐈

P R E V I O U S L Y

"Three...two...one"
And like that, they were

one"And like that, they were

➶︎ THE KNIGHT IN NON-SHININGARMOUR

ARMOUR

TO SAY THE QUIDDITCH CUP ENDED UP DISASTROUSLY might be an understatement, it was a living nightmare. After being woken up frantically by her father, Melanie quickly put on her jumper —seeing as she slept in her blouse and joggers— and pocketed her wand under her bra—just in case she had to use underage magic—her frantic eyes looking outside the tent, widening as she saw the disaster in front of her.

The campsite were in ruins, fire emitting everywhere and wizards with hoods jinxing and cursing muggles. Her father and bigger brothers—who were of legal age now, went to help the other wizards and muggles while the rest of them ran.

Her brother, George, was holding her hand firmly, but it seemed as it wasn't enough, as they got parted, to the four of their horror. But it wasn't the time to search, both parties knew that, so they just continued running.

Reaching the forests, Melanie tried to find her brothers, but she couldn't find anything.

Her stomach twisted, breaths shortened as she shook, stress all over her face. She was worried, and very scared, where is she? She managed to get into the woods, but there was no telling where the others were. It was eerily quiet, before an explosion was heard.  She regretted looking up, for a green mark reached the sky, corrupting it as it haunted every inch of the once starry sky.

     And then something inside her triggered.

     Fear.

It felt as if the world slowed down, like there was nothing in this world anymore other than herself in a void that was pitch-black. She couldn't think, she couldn't see, she couldn't process anything. The screams were now back, but deafened as she crouched, her whole body shaking, her eyes misty, but yet she didn't pay any mind to it. She clutched her head and curled up, trying to stop it, but it just continued. She felt as if she was drowning, underneath, where no oxygen could reach you. She felt caged, locked up with no possible way out, her lungs didn't seem to work, all she felt was the twisting pain on her insides that wanted—no, needed help. She felt like death, with no possible family to reach and no help seen anywhere. Then it hit her.