Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Known

He felt something heavy over him when he woke up. Tsukishima eyed the round clock that hang on the wall, he squinted his eyes to try and guess for the time. As his shitty eyesight failed him, he muttered a small curse. When he moved his eyes to the side, he saw how Kuroo's muscular arm draped over his body. Tsukishima noticed that the thick blanket that they were supposed to share was only covering his entire body. He shifted to the other side and carefully lifted the blanket, draping it over Kuroo's body. 

As he lay down, Kuroo pulled him closer. Tsukishima  blinked and stared at Kuroo whose eyes are still closed. His eyebrows furrowed as he noticed a small noticeable smirk on the man's lips. Tsukishima scoffed lowly, but his stare never left Kuroo.

"Why are you staring?" Kuroo lowly whispered that sent shivers down his spine.

"You're awake."

"I can't be awake?"

"Yes."

Kuroo's smirk widened. Seeing him smirk up close like this made Tsukishima's heart race. Who would have thought that this man was the same person that kept appearing in his dreams is now on his bed cuddling with him?

"Why can't I be awake?" Kuroo hummed as he pulled him closer. With a literal inch as their distance, Tsukishima's nose could almost touch Kuroo's chin.

"Just because." Tsukishima replied. He slowly blinked his eyes before he closed it to try and get more sleep.

It was almost noon when the two of them left the hotel. Kuroo was on his phone talking to Konoha, while he was just busy sitting down the red velvet couch of the hotel lobby. He eyed the things beside him, including the large painting enclosed in a thick frame.

Tsukishima looked at Kuroo once more, who looked like he was not having it. He tilted his head to chuckle, but as soon as Kuroo ended the phone call, his lips curled into a small smirk.

Kuroo noticed it and only shook his head to the side. The man took a seat on the padded arms of the couch he sat on. Tsukishima inhaled slowly, taking in Kuroo's scent. 

"What happened?" Tsukishima asked. With a creased forehead, Kuroo looked furious as he swiped his fingers on the keyboard of his phone.

After a few seconds, Kuroo looked at him seriously. "He said that there were a lot of articles released last night after you went to the board meeting."

Tsukishima nodded slowly, taking in the information. "About me?"

Kuroo shook his head to the side. "Don't worry about it. I'll make sure it'll be deleted and have the people behind it pay."

"Akiteru is probably shakne by the fact that I came back alive and well. He must have planned to take over the company the moment I left Tokyo. That stupid, stupid brother of mine," Tsukishima clicked his tongue.

Kuroo only looked at him intensely. "What are you planning to do?"

Tsukishima blinked. He crossed his arms over his chest and pondered upon his next step. He didn't actually expect that he would gain someone who would probably help him with anything. But he didn't want to take advantage of the fact that Kuroo is... his significant other. As much as possible, he wanted to do his plans on his own, so that Blank Space wouldn't have to suffer again for the second time because of him.

"I'm going home today."

Kuroo's brows met. "No. What if something will happen to you?"

"Oh, no. They will not do anything to me. I have everything I already need to make them run for the hills."