♡ iwaoi - royalty ♡

Start from the beginning

"Oh- Oh, Iwa-chan! No, no, no! It's fine, it's to be expected - not that any of this should be expected. But, you don't have to call me 'prince'. I've known you since we were 5, my status as prince will never come in between me and you."

"Thank you.. Oikawa..."

"Geez, Iwa-chan! You're so stiff! Just call me Tooru, kay?"

"Okay... Tooru.."

Iwaizumi's tanned cheeks turned a faint shade of pink. Not to say using that name had been his dream for years now, but, well, yes, it had.

"Yeah.. Hajime."

x

"TOORU! Wake up, you've got a meeting with the queen in an hour and you're still in your pjs!" 

"Ugh.. Hajime.. Just five more minutes?"

Hajime smacked his head, shouting more nonsense at the Tooru who was struggling to open his eyes. 

"Loser-Tooru. We don't have time for this!"

"I know, Haji-chan, I know! Calm down, geez. Do you have my outfit?"

"Yep."

Tooru mumbled something about wishing he would be allowed to pick his own outfit, (he hasn't been allowed to since he showed up to a public event looking like a capri sun), but nonetheless picked himself up and waddled into the bathroom. 

Hajime smiled but quickly reminded himself of his duties and left towards the kitchen, finding the freshly baked milk bread he had made earlier that day. It wasn't necessarily his job to feed the prince, he had personal chefs to do that. However, he knew Tooru got nervous whenever formal meetings such as these came up, and for some reason he preferred Hajime's bread over the chef's. 

"Is that... Hajime, is that milk bread?"

"Yeah. I hope you like it." 

Tooru happily took a seat and patted the seat next to him, implying for Hajime to join him.

"No, Tooru. You know the rules."

"Rules are for fools, Haji-chan. Sit down."

"No."

"Haji-chan. That's an order from your prince."

"Y-yes, Tooru."

Tooru gave a pleasant smile before breaking the small loaf in half and handing half to his appointed knight. Tasting it brought a smile to his peachy lips - something was also special about his Hajime's bread.

"Thank you, Iwa-chan."

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Oh, it's just been a while since you've called me that."

"I know. You used to tell me how much you hate it and it's so informal, but I still think it's cute."

"Yeah.. it is."

Tooru smiled again, before looking at the clock with wide eyes.

"Shoot! Haji-chan, we need to go!"

x

"Tooru, dear. Do you mind sending Hajime-kun outside for this meeting? It's rather personal."

Tooru whined but sent Hajime out regardless.

"Okay, mother. Now that Haji-chan is gone, what is this meeting for?"

"Can't I just talk to my son?"

"We chat all the time. What's the important news?"

"Oh, Tooru you know me too well. Actually.. As you know, Tooru, you're 21 now. And you'll inherit the throne in a few years and..."

"Oh no."

"And you have to have a significant other!"

"Mom!"

"What! I know you've got a thing for that knight of yours.."

"Mom! Haji-chan isn't into me like that!" 

"But you're into him like that!"

"Mom, I never said that!"

From outside the conference room, Hajime stood blushing next to the other guard, who was laughing at the situation. The queen never learned how to be quiet.

x

"Oh- Hajime, I don't know what to do!"

"About finding a queen?"

"No, the skies a little grey- Well no duh I'm worried about finding a queen!"

"Well, did your mom give you any advice?"

Tooru flushed a little, looking at his fingers in his lap, trying to erase that conversation from his brain. 

"Tooru, what on Earth did your mother suggest?"

"It- It's nothing, Haji-chan!"

"Whatever.."

x

"Tooru, you need to tell him."

"Mom~! Then I'll have to find a new personal night and-"

"Tooru, dear. Are you stupid, or plain blind? He clearly like you back!"

"No, I don't think so!"

"You'll never know until you try. Please, Tooru."

"Fine... I'll try."

x

"Oh - okay. I can do this. Just pretend...." 

Tooru stared at the doll before groaning again. Here he sat, pretending this childrens toy is his best friend trying to confess his feelings and failing miserably. 

Oh, but little did he know someone special was watching from the doorway.

"Tooru..?"

"Oh- Oh no! When did you get here?"

"5 minutes ago."

"So you.. You.. Oh! I'm so sorry."

"No, Tooru. Listen, I love you too."

"You.. do?"

"Of course, how could I not?"

x

"Makki, did you read the news?"

"No, I'm not a boring person like you, Mattsun."

 "Whatever. You remember Oikawa?"

"Captain? Of course. I haven't heard from him in a few days though."

"Did you know he's the prince?"

"He's- he's the what?"

"Yeah, it's well known, but I guess you never really read that kind of stuff."

"Yeah... I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this, wait-"

"And Iwaizumi is his personal knight."

"How?"

"And they're getting married. They invited us to be flower girls, along with the rest of our old team."

"MATTSUN, GIVE ME A MOMENT TO PROCESS!"

x

"I do."

xxx

♡♡ IWAOI HAS MY HEART ♡♡
yes, i did just write a 7 page long iwaoi royalty au oneshot, what about it?

also - how was your day?