Chapter 2

Grian and Mumbo dropped in front of Xisuma's house. The taller hermit walked up to the door and knocked on it, then stepped back. Grian was fiddling with his hands again, but seemed less worried than before.
                       The door opened after a few minutes. Xisuma stood there with narrowed eyes for a moment as he adjusted to the brighter light outside. "What can I help you two with?"
                       Grian opened his mouth to explain, but Mumbo beat him to it. "Well, we were both doing daily things, like building and stuff, and suddenly this beam of light hit us. Then we got knocked out, and now we're here."
                       Grian nodded. "Something's not right," He muttered, gaining both Mumbo's and Xisuma's attention. "I don't feel normal. It's hard to explain- I just.. Ugh! I feel off. I felt fine before I was hit with that light but now..." He trailed off, now picking at a loose string from his sweater absent-mindedly while he finished.
                        Xisuma nodded. "I see. I think I understand what you mean, I feel that way as well. I've been trying to figure out what happened. You weren't the only ones that were hit with some weird light thing. I also feel off, as you put it, Grian."
                         Grian sighed softly, barely noticed by his friends. "Thank you, Xisuma."
                          "No problem. I'll be hard at work trying to figure out what happened, but for now, you two should get back to what you were doing."
                           The pair nodded and turned, leaving Xisuma to his work as they flew off.
                            "Isn't this cool, Grian? I feel so.. I dunno how to say this. Energetic? I wanna go do things."
                           "I'm worried Mumbo," He muttered as they entered the nether portal, then poofed out on the other side.
                            "Why?"
                             "That's the thing, I-I don't know why. Maybe it's because we don't know exactly what happened.. I'm not sure-"
                              He was cut off as Mumbo wrapped him up in a comforting hug. "Hey, it'll be okay, G. Just calm down. Xisuma's got this."
                             Grian nodded slowly as he returned the hug, leaning into his friend's embrace. "O-okay."
                              "Let's go to my old hobbit hole. We can do something there to get your mind off things." Mumbo hummed as they separated. Grian nodded. They both started towards Mumbo's nether portal.

                                                       This would be fun.