➳ part one

Mirio, Nejire, and Tamaki sat in a small cafe, on their lunch break. Mirio comes back to his seat putting his phone into his pocket as he sits back in his chair.
"Sorry you guys, my mother called saying it was urgent" Mirio says
"What's going on?" Tamaki asks
"They're coming home" Mirio smiles gently
"Who?" Nejire asked, stuffing her face with a doughnut, crumbs on her cheeks
"Tamaki's lover" Mirio grins
This caused Tamaki's eyes to raise and he began choking on his teriyaki.
"W-W-WHAT??!!"
"They were finally able to schedule time off to come back for a few weeks. Man, I can't believe it's been so long since they left" Mirio says
"OH MY GOSH!! Finally my bestie is coming home!! We'll have so much to catch up on!!" Nejire squealed
"I thought I was your bestie.." a voice calls out
The three turn to see Yuyu standing at the counter, pouring a coup of coffee as she heads over to their table
"Hehe, babe you know you're my #1" Nejire gives a peck to Yuyu's cheek
"When are they going to be here?" Tamaki asks turning back to Mirio- who was making gagging faces at the couple-, sipping his coffee.
"I think my mother said something about tomorrow??"
cue spitting noises
"S-SO SOON?!?!
"Yeah, what's wrong? I thought you'd be excited they're coming back soon?" Mirio asks
"Well of course he's nervous, his almost- lover is coming back home after leaving him for a job in another country after he confessed his love for them to return it yet still leave and he's given less than a 24 hour notice on their return after two years" Yuyu says, lazily playing with Nejire's hair.
"Yu, you're scaring him more!!" Nejire gestures at the now- trembling Tamaki, his cape hood hovering over his face covering his eyes.
"Whoops, sorry"
Tamaki's brain was flooded with thoughts
'They're coming back'
'Do they still feel the same way they felt two years ago?'
'Did they still love him- did they even remember him?'
Okay he'll admit the last one was a little bit out there, they've known each other since kindergarten, there's a very slim chance they forgot him after just two years. That didn't stop it from going into question.
•••
His questions were answered the next day when he stepped into the home of the Togata family.
Flowers in hand, a small smile upon his face.
There they stood. Turning to the door, their eyes widened to see the indigo haired boy they left at the airport.
"Tamaki" Y/N smiled
"Y-Y/N.." Tamaki gasped, his mouth partially open as the last letter of their name rolled off the back of his tongue.
"Ah, Todd, you're back from the restroom" Y/N smiled widely, looking over to an unfamiliar figure that entered the room.
'tOdD????????!!!!!!!!!' Tamaki's head was ✨spiraling✨
"Hey babe" Todd gave a small peck to Y/N's forehead and wrapped an arm around their waist.
Tamaki felt his soul leave his body that very moment, along with a feeling of jealousy rise.
Who was he to show up all of the sudden, getting in the way?
I honestly don't know, Tamaki. Tbh, I debated naming him Wāmu (look it up). Back to the story, whoops.
"Ah, sorry! I forgot to introduce you! This is Todd my boyfriend!" Y/N smiled.

To answer his questions from earlier, it appeared to be no.