And by the end of the day he was back to drawing the same snail over and over again until his hour of detention was over and he was free to go and be on his way to a familiair gym.

Maybe he could stop by the local coffee shop and get Taehyung a caramel latte and a donut since it was his boyfriend's cheat day. Or he could take a nice stroll through the park and watch the ducks swim by to try and relax himself knowing Taehyung would still be busy with work and he didn't want to be a bother.

When he stepped outside of the building with the other trouble makers who had joined him in detention, a sight froze him and it made the cheer squad that had just finished their practice stop in their tracks as well.

Leaning against the familiar black car, sporting a pair of sunglasses (which was ridiculous in this cloudy weather) and a jeans jacket that was two sizes too big on him was his boyfriend. His dark curls whisked on his forehead, the hair framing his ridiculously handsome face which displayed a smile from where he was gazing at Jeongguk standing on the stair case.

The giggles from the cheerleading team were obvious and Jeongguk knew it wouldn't take long for the football team to pass this way too which was definitely something to be avoided.

With a strong step in his walk he made his way towards Taehyung, who slowly pushed himself from the car, one hand still lazily stuffed into his black joggings. It made his ass pop in and the damn man knew how Jeongguk thought about him wearing those pants outside of work.

"Hey darling."

Jeongguk's heart rate spiked when those words fell from Taehyung's lips. He glanced around to see if anyone had heard him address Jeongguk in such a romantic way before he glared at the older and slid into the passenger seat, slamming his door shut.

Taehyung looked confused, his mouth shutting when the slam of the car door resonated through the parking lot. He noticed the girls looking at him from a distance while another group of boys walked towards them, obviously confused as to why the girls were so distracted.

"Get in the fucking car!"

Jeongguk never wanted to get angry at his boyfriend or use such language but his chest was heaving with panic and he didn't need this rumor to start spreading through the school. It had happened once already and it had taken him a lot of punches to punch the rumor out of everyone's mouths.

Taehyung frowned but got into the car as well, already feeling the thick tension in the air. Jeongguk was freaking out and Taehyung did the only thing he thought was right and started the car.

Jeongguk watched the cheerleaders point at him and he squeezed his eyes shut to stop the panic from rising.

He couldn't go back to being the school's faggot again. He couldn't do it. He was the bad boy now. The one no one wanted to run into. This was the better name he made for himself.

The car sped away, leaving Jeongguk with an unsettling feeling in his stomach and a heavy sensation in his heart.

⭒❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃⭒

Jeongguk was upset with him. It was clear in the way he slammed every door on his way shut with a power that left the car and the house shaking. It was evident in the way he'd avoid all of Taehyung's touches, getting as fast away as possible from Taehyung's vicinity with a sort of vigor he hadn't seen before.

The word darling didn't even do anything this time. Even calling him little one only made the boy stomp his feet harder and ended up with Jeongguk slamming the bathroom door in his face.

Jeongguk didn't want to talk. All he wanted to do was crawl into the farthest corner he could find and sink as deep into the ground as possible.

His breathing was still erratic, his hands trembling and his head buzzing with thoughts that would lead nowhere.

Being gay was the worst thing that had ever happened to him.

Finding Taehyung was the best thing that had ever happened to him.

Those two things weren't compatible and collided in the worst way possible. They burnt his brain and brought joy to his heart. They punched him to the floor but brought him back up. It was a bittersweet life he was living.

On one hand he wanted to show the world what Kim Taehyung meant to him. But in school he couldn't show anyone someone meant anything to him, especially not a man older than him.

It was all a lie. The life he was living. A lie. How could he expect to be deserving of Taehyung's love when he couldn't even admit to himself that he was happy with himself.

No, he was afraid of everything and no matter how much Taehyung kept telling him to love himself, he merely couldn't. This part of him was ashamed of another part of him and he couldn't get either of those parts out.

"Darling? Please talk to me. I want to understand what happened."

How could begin to explain to Taehyung that he was ashamed and embarrassed of their relationship? It would break the man's heart.

Upset ggukie alert 🥺