Chapter 26

"I wasn't sure you'd wake up. I hoped you would, I wanted to show you something. I don't have anyone else. I think a lot about meteors, the purity of them. Boom! The end, start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild. I was meant to be new. I was meant to be beautiful. The world would've looked to the sky and seen hope, seen mercy. Instead they'll look up in horror because of you. You've wounded me. I give you full marks for that. But, like the man said, "What doesn't kill me..." A bigger body of Ultron's destroys him, this guy is nuts, "...just makes me stronger." He locks us into the cell and walks away.

"This is possibly the worst thing that's happened." Nat groans.

"What that the big bad Black Widow got captured?" I say harshly.

"Why are you being so hostile?"

"I'm annoyed. Because of Stark, again, there's a world crisis where billions of people are going to die."

"It's Tony what do you expect?" She chuckles. I laugh with her.

"Jeez, what happened to us."

"You got married."

"Ha-yeah I probably shouldn't be proud of that but I am."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

"Would you ever go back?" That's not what I thought it'd be. I thought she'd ask for advice about her and Bruce. Which I still know nothing about.

"Can I be honest?" She nods, "I will always love him, but I feel like that ship has sailed. But Steve hasn't even asked me out yet."

"Well he's old fashioned."

I chuckle, "Yes because old fashion is sticking his tongue down my throat while we were in DC."

"Wait he tried to use tongue?"

"Yep, but I stopped him."

"Damn, Cap's not as innocent as he seems."

"Oh, he is. Just not recently. Maybe he's finally adapting to the twenty first centry."

"I missed this."

"Missed what?"

"Us, talking like sisters. What happened to us?" Nat asks. She's not wrong, our relationship has been strained recently.

"I got married." I laughed.

"I'd drink to that, but I'm stuck in a cell." I start laughing and lean back, I turn my head and see an old radio. I reach through the bars and grab it. I start re-wiring the machine to try and get a message out. "What are you?" She catches on and begins helping me. I get a signal out.

"Now all we do is wait."

It didn't take that long to get a response. He tells us he's sending Banner to come get us. I lean back against the wall and fall asleep.

"Are you ready for this?" I look at him and smile.

"As I'll ever be." He leans down and kisses my lips.

He grabs my hand and we open he big wooden doors to see everyone waiting for us. They all start clapping. I look around the room and smile at everyone. I notice there's one person in the back who's not clapping. He's staring at me with a dull but angry look. His swishing his scotch glass around. I can't look away from him. His eyes are boring into my soul. I'm afraid to look away.

"Let's give it up for the happy couple." Tony yells from the stage, clearly drunk.

"You stole my wife!" James come charging at Steve again. Instead of hitting him, he grabs me.