Chapter 27

It felt like time stood still from the moment the doctor walked in the room. Everything was running in slow motion as we all waited for him to speak, to tell us if Alex was okay or not. I didn't even realize how tightly I was gripping on to Jack's hand as we waited.

"Well, from what we can tell, Alex went into a sever state of shock. However, he is perfectly okay now, but he needs his rest, so we're going to keep him in, just for tonight to make sure he does." I let out the breath I didn't even know I'd been holding in as we all breathed sighs of relief. "Now, can anyone tell me what may have caused this panic attack?"
Mr. Carlile proceeded to explain the whole situation, while the doctor stood there nodding.
"I'll kill him." I spat, I was angry, it was his fault we where all here.
"Matt, Matt, that's not an answer." Isobel tried to calm me. "We'll sort this out, I promise."
"How? He's going to be there, at school, ever day, torturing him!"
"Matt, it'll be ok." Jack soothed.
"Is there anything else? Has Alex been under any other kind of stress?"
"W-well him a-and his father aren't speaking right now. A-and he's just been emancipated, moved in with Kellin, his older sister and her boyfriend. O-on top of that, there was a situation which crushed him and it took its toll on him, but, that's why we had him emancipated and moved out, so it could be resolved and he could be happy again." Isobel looked guilty, I could tell she was blaming herself.
"Hmm yes, that is a lot for a sixteen year old to go through. Alex has a history of anxeity and depression?"
"Yeah." Kellin nodded sadly. "But after he moved in...he seemed...better, a lot better."
"Yes, that may very well be, sadly anxiety and depression doesn't just melt away, as much as we wish it could. They take time, and obviously he's been through a fair bit recently, which, has resulted in his anxiety and depression to come back with a passion. I'm going to prescribe him some stronger, more effective anti anxieties, he is to take them every morning along side some anti depressants, which should also be taken in the morning. That will any attacks from becoming this sever, and the anti depressants, I'm not saying he needs them, but I've seen the scars up his arms upon assessment and I'd rather be safe then sorry. Who is it he lives with again?"
"M-my sister, Kayla Bostwick and her boyfriend Harry Ashton. I live there too."
"And are you emancipated?"
"N-no, my sister and Harry have legal guardianship over me. But Alex is."
"Okay, very well, meaning he'll be responsible for picking up his own medication from the pharmacy, taking it, but I trust you'll ensure he does?"
"We will." I nodded. "I'll take him to pick them up." Honestly, I hated the thought of Alex having to be dosed up, I remembered what it was like being on meds for depression and anxiety, but if they would help him, until we could fix this, then I'd do what I needed to do.
"Very good. Is there anything else I should know?"
"That's all I believe." Mr. Carlile gave a small nod.
"Ok, I would recommend therapy, but that will be up to him to decide should he choose to go, but once he's awake, I'll be explaining this all to him anyway."

"C-Can I go see him?" I looked at the doctor, tears pooling in my eyes again.
"You may, but he is resting, so one at a time please. He's in room 203." The doctor gave a small bow and left the room.
"You go first Matt." Isobel stroked my cheek and I shook my head.
"You're his mom, you go, I can wait." I couldn't, but it was only right his own mother got to see him first.
"Are you sure?" I nodded my reply. "I won't be long, go get yourself something to eat ok?"
"Ok." She kissed my forehead and walked out of the waiting room.
"He'll be ok Matt." Vic put his arm around me. "Who's actually doing this, aside from this, Alan whatever his name is."
We all looked down at the ground, Vic was oblivious his younger brother was a part of this, we hadn't wanted to tell him, I mean, who would like hearing their baby brother was capable of things like this?
"There's three others. Well actually there's more, but it's mainly Alan, Shayley, Tony and..." Mr. Carlile didn't have to finish his sentence. Vic knew exactly who Shayley and Tony where, they used to be friends, and he knew exactly who was friends with them.
Vic's head snapped up to look at Kellin. "Please don't tell me Mike's responsible too?" Kellin nodded, not daring to look up at him. "And you didn't tell me?!" Vic snapped. "All along, one of the people who have been doing this to you is my brother and you didn't tell me?!"
"I-I'm sorry." Kellin mumbled.
"Sorry?! Kellin how many times have I asked you who has been hurting you? How many times have I seen those cuts and bruises and begged you to tell me...and all along it's been him?!"
"V-Vic...Mike...Mike doesn't really do much, he'll throw the odd punch, but it's mostly Alan and Shayley." I tried to defend Kellin and calm Vic down.
"That's not the point! Why didn't you tell me Kellin? Hell, why didn't anyone tell me?!"
"Vic, Vic, calm down." Mr. Carlile put his hands on Vic's shoulders. "They didn't tell you because they where scared. It's hard enough telling someone something like this is happening to you, let alone when it's someone you loves brother. They where scared if you knew, you'd confront Mike and that would only make things worse for them, we all know your parents wouldn't believe us without proof."