Tuesday, January 22nd

Start from the beginning

I felt guilty about everything. It felt like everything was my fault. Why would Megan go after Aiden?

At lunch Megan found me before I could. "You won't believe what happened today!" she was cheery.

"What?"

She gave me her phone.

"I miss you"

It was a text from Nate.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

"He misses me. We're definitely getting back together. I just need to play hard to get so he know what he's missing"

Usually I would just nod my head and move on with my day but this time I was pissed.

"Then, why were you making out with Aiden Williams this morning?" I snapped.

She scantched her nose. "Oh you saw that?"

"I think everyone did, Megan"

"Well, I'd tell you but I don't want to hurt you" she said putting a fry in her mouth.

"Hurt me?"

"Yeah, we're friends. I was just trying to make things better"

"How exactly?"

"Look, I know Hero is your boyfriend or whatever but his vibes are telling me he has a small crush on me so I was just making out with someone else so he could see it and get off my back"

As soon as she finished talking my jaw was on the floor.

"No need to thank me" she smiled.

This girl is unbelievable. 

Un fucking believable.

I couldn't even say anything because she spoke again.

"By the way, is he actually your boyfriend? Because other than that time you sat on his lap at lunch I haven't seen you really hang out. You are like strangers. What kind of relationship is that? If I was with Fiennes kid I wouldn't let him leave my side. Have you seen his lips? My goodness!"

I really had to slap myself to understand everything her mouth was saying.

"Are you hearing yourself?" I asked her before she could say anything else. "Because your mouth said something and then your mouth said something completely different"

"I'm just admitting he's hot Josephine. Not that I like him. Good score" she smiled.

I knew that smile well. I've seen her give that smile to other girls. Weak girls, as she called them.

And at that point I knew it. Hero was right. 

1) Megan was a shitty friend.

2) Megan didn't like Hero.

but
3) Megan wanted Hero because I had him.

At least she thought I had him.

After that conversation, I didn't know what to do. If I pretended that Hero and I were together, Hero actually had a shot with Megan. 

But Megan didn't have genuine feelings for him, so in the end he would get hurt anyway.

UGH I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

And while I was freaking out, a ball of paper landed on top of my head.

I grabbed the paper annoyed and turned around to look at the person.

Cole.

"Hey :) "

"Hellow (: "

I wrote back.