2. Secrets

Your POV

I take off my shoes and practically throw myself onto the bed as I let it engulf me into a nice deep sleep, that was until I heard a knock at my door. When approaching the door I immediately look through the peep hole only to see no one there.
"Stupid kids and their pranks." I mutter understand my breath and walk back to my bed with my head down from exhaustion, but then another knock was heard from the door. I turn back round and open the door quickly.
"Stop it dumb a-...Can I help you?" I turn red from embarrassment and see the girl that Kaneki and I seen at the coffee shop. Rize.

"I'm sorry to be a bother but do you happen to have a phone I can use? Mine broke from all of this rain." Her voice so soft and intriguing, I nod my head and allow her to come in and sit down.
"I'll make some coffee. Do you drink it?" I ask nervously to make sure and she nods her head politely.
"You seem really familiar." She says to me as I laugh nervously and respond back.
"I am Kaneki's friend. I was at the coffee shop today. I thought I noticed you too." I play it off simple and I hand her her coffee as she smiles and thanks me kindly.

A few minutes passed and she called a friend to come pick her up before it gets too late and they must have agreed. She picked up her bag and headed for the door.
"Before I go...can I ask you something?" She looks back smiling with that sweet smile of hers.
"Would you be scared if a ghoul was stood right in front of you and they wanted to eat you?" She smirked slightly but I ignored it trying to focus on her question.
"I guess. Being eaten by one wouldn't really be pleasant." I joke and laugh a little to ease the tension. However, her face was far from happy which made me feel a little uncomfortable.
"Well lucky for you. I AM A GHOUL!" Her eyes turned black and red so quickly, all thoughts where rushing to my head but my main one was Kaneki.
"Don't worry, Kaneki won't even know that you're gone. Then tomorrow he'll be all mine~" she hums letting out her Kagune and hitting me to the wall then throwing me onto the floor.
"W-why are you doing this?" I spit out blood whilst getting up but my body felt paralysed from the impact and bruises already formed all over my body. She looked completely innocent, who would have guess she was a ghoul?!

She steps closer every second and plunges her kagune at me only for me to dodge.
"Please don't make me do this!" I scream whilst releasing my own kagune (Chi No Namida) which slightly caught her by surprise.
"You're a ghoul too? This just got even better!" She laughed and I stare at her with my ghoul eyes, that's when I realised who she really is.

"I thought you would have recognised me...mother." I walk up to her and smile creepily as she backed away slowly and her eyes locked onto mine, almost as if I could see her soul right there and then, it was very interesting to see the expression on her face.
"I thought you died..." she backed away some more and I laughed at her pathetic reaction as she turned back into a somewhat human. Mine and Rize's Kagune are different as I got my fathers genes, me and my dad always had everything in common well, that was until she murdered him, then attempted to kill me by drowning me when I was a little baby. However, I had the same hair colour as her and the same nose shape. But everything else about us is a huge difference.

Although my past isn't crystal clear I knew for a fact that, by looking at her Kagune, she is...well...was a mother to me at a very young age, I use to feel pity towards this woman but it's clear she is nothing more than killer to me.
"I have no interest in fighting you. If this is what you have became then so be it." I say coldly and she laughs whilst walking out the door.
"Just you wait." Her lips curl into a creep smile and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I really don't have time for her bullshit, I need to focus on making sure she doesn't hurt Kaneki.
—————————
The next day finally came and I woke up to a complete hell hole. My house looked like it was tipped upside down and there where cracks in my walls and floors.
"Ugh I'll fix them later." I pinched the bridge of my nose with my thumb and index finger whilst trying to grip onto reality. Maybe I should tell hide and we can watch over Kaneki. I think to myself trying to find ways to make sure no harm comes to him, I soon shake the thought out of my head when I realise I could risk exposing myself to him. I don't want to lose anyone. I get ready and leave my apartment to head over to Anteiku for my daily dosage of coffee.

"Good morning and welcome to Anteiku!" They all welcome me and I smile back thanking them whilst taking my seat next to the window as always. I look over to see the waitress, I think she said her name was Touka, just looking at me in a weird way. I look back at the table and get out my favourite book and start reading it as she came over and handed me a coffee.
"On the house. (Y/n)." She whispers my name and my eyes widen. How does she even know my name... I don't remember telling her throughout the times coming here, I always keep my identity hidden when it comes to strangers.
"How did y-"
"Meet me after working hours and I'll tell you." She whispered again and my heart was beating really fast.

Once she went back to working I continued reading my book and I called Kaneki to see if he was okay. His phone went straight to voicemail which made me panic slightly, but he is on a date so maybe he turned his phone off. Either way I need to make sure he's okay. I'll leave a voicemail.
"Hi Kaneki! Just making sure that you're safe! I hope the date with Rize is going great! Just be careful on the way home and if you need anything then call me." I end it and slip my phone back into my bag then taking a sip of coffee, it kinda helped me unease a little but not completely.

Hours passed and everyone left besides me just as Touka said.
"(Y/n). Can you come here please?" She motioned me over and I nervously got up and followed her to the back. Everything looked old but still pretty, it definitely had a really comfortable vibe to it.
"I know you aren't like normal people. I know you're one of us. A ghoul." She smiles a little and I stood there in shock. Does anyone else want to find out? I thought I've been keeping it a secret.
"Yeah so? That doesn't explain how you know my name?" I question her and she just continues to smile and stood closer.
"I know you are Rize's first born. Everyone knows that she had one yet, they all thought she died along with her father, but our boss told us after you left that he just knew it was you...he recognised the resemblance. That's when we all seen it." She explained and tears started to form in my eyes as I shake all the thoughts of Rize and my dad out of my head.

I sat down on a chair and started to recollect all of my thoughts until I remembered about Kaneki.
"We have to help my friend Kaneki! He's gone on a date with Rize! Please help me!" I start to get my things then rush out the door but Touka stopped me by holding me back gently.
"It's okay. We've already sent someone to help him. He should be safe for now." I let a sigh of relief escape and feel my body unease a little. I didn't know that all of these people would be ghouls, who would have thought a coffee shop that is out in the open and welcoming humans, anti-ghoul humans, into their world without even realising.