II

*FlashBack*

Before he could do anything else to me my mom burst through the door. "What the fuck is going on in here." My mom yelled. I burst into tears, "No Bae its not what you think, she came on to me." My stepfather lied. "Oh really?" My mom came closer and tried to attack me I ran as fast I possibly could until I ended up out the door and running down the street in the pitch black night. I kept running not looking back until I ran into a tall dark figure that I thought I would never see again...

ASHAWN. (Picture in the MM) younger picture though.

"Bria'Shaye ?" The familiar face said to me as I stood there in complete shock, as if I'd seen a ghost. I felt like I was dreaming; I had to be dreaming. This was unreal, was all I kept thinking.

 "Ashawn? Is it really you?" I questioned. 

"Yeah shorty, its me in the flesh." He chuckled, I didn't even crack a smile I was in for no laughing matter.

"What's up with you ? Where you coming from, why you outta breathe." He asked me. 

I became a little dizzy. I stumbled a little, and became scared all over again when I heard the patter of foot steps coming from down the street.

 "Come On!, Now Before They Come!" I yelled to him.

 "What chu talking bout ma?" He asked confused. 

"I'll explain later but right now we have to go!." I yelled again to him, with total fear writing on my face. He rushed me to his car which was very nice, cranked up the car and drove off. I looked back to see my mom and step dad running up the side walk, where we were once standing before we got in the car. My heart was pounding in fear, and then I thought was just a plain miracle. As we got further down the street I then realized I was half naked, wearing a over sized orange shirt my step father had ripped down the middle, with my bright yellow bra showing and my black boy shorts underwear. I felt embarrassed, as I covered myself up. 

He started to laugh. "What's funny?" I asked confused. 

"Because you over here acting, like I ain't ever seen your body before." He said still laughing. "Okay but we were jits then, I'm 18 now and I have matured." I said to him. 

"Right, Right." He said with a crooked smile, glancing over my body.

 "Were a few miles from my house you wanna get something to eat before we head out." He asked getting into the turning lane. 

"Yeah, I could use something to eat." I said rubbing my stomach, like I would always do when I was hungry when we were kids.

 He laughed "Always hungry." 

I laughed with him "Damn right."

We pulled up to a Wendy's and order our food. As we left the Wendy's I prayed over the food then I immediately started eating. 

"Slow down Brie', acting like you ain't eat in years." He said. 

"I really haven't been eating, due to the fear of being home alone." I said taking a last bite in my already finished burger. 

"Speaking of all that, why were you running from your parents?" He asked confused. I wiped my mouth and began to speak. 

"Well you see..." I started to say then he cut me off. 

"The truth." He said with a straight face, I could tell he was in no laughing matter. 

"Okay..." I said, I hesitated then spoke. 

"I've been getting raped by my stepfather." I began to say then Ashawn pressed on the brake in complete shock. 

"And I haven't told anybody because he said if I told any one he would kill me and my whole family, and today something I never thought would happen, happened my mom caught him but he lied to her and told her I came on to him. And the sad part about it is she believed him over me. Then she charged at me with all force and I couldn't just stand there so I ran." I said reliving that moment all over again causing me to cry. 

Ashawn punched the steering wheel causing the car to jerk forward. He then stopped the car on this dark street and turned to me, "I'm not letting you go back there, maybe for your stuff but to live nah... You can stay with me." He said in all seriousness. I didn't know how to respond so I just laid back and thought. 

Different questioned raced through my mind. Why would he wants me to stay with him? Would he hurt me too? Will my parents come looking for me? Would he kill my stepfather? I was just in deep thought until I finally fell asleep.