"Well, I asked." Rebecca gave a shrug of her own, taking one of Harry's hands and immediately shoving pass the two Hufflepuffs.

They both scoffed loudly as she shoved them aside with ease, Harry stifling a small snort at their surprised faces before she had released his hand. The dark-haired duo shared a smile, resuming their trek towards the Great Hall, and the Ravenclaw was sure to glare right back at anyone who'd send Harry more than just a simple smile – which was practically everybody within a short radius of them.

Rebecca didn't know what it was exactly – what had made her so inclined to be protective over Harry J. Potter. The mere feeling that made her want to stick by his side, standing tall and threatening to those who'd near with ill intentions. She just suddenly felt the need to hover, to worry about his well-being. After all the years at the same school, and while she did pity the boy most of the time – it was only now she would act on those thoughts and try and help him personally instead. Like something had clicked inside of her.

And as much as Harry had hated to admit it, he actually found the older girl's presence far better than he originally expected. She didn't see him as anything but just Harry – no Chosen One or a Tri-Wizard Champion – and she was one of the only people to actually be there for him when he needed. She was also usually filled with dumb, yet interesting facts and always seemed to have a few sweets to share from the inside of her bag. A proper older sister that he had never thought he needed or even wanted.

"Please don't say anything," Harry suddenly murmured to Rebecca, watching her gaze shift to each and every person they passed wearing the pin, more so coming to a abrupt stop at the sight of a group of Hufflepuffs with a few, emptied boxes around them, "they're just stupid pins – it's fine."

She immediately scanned the group of badgers, her lips curling downward into a small scowl when she spotted Cedric amongst them. They all were laughing and chatting to one another, none the wiser – though quite a few of them were gesturing a pin out to Cedric and pestering him to put one on; even when he'd swat them away or shake his head. Harry caught onto her sudden intense gaze, turning to follow it before turning once more and seeing the scowl grow deeper across Rebecca's features.

"Why I oughta—"

"Please don't!" Harry squeaked out, quickly grabbing onto the girl's forearm.

"Do you want to keep being labeled as a cheat? Being laughed or pointed at?" She questioned incredulously, her voice low and in disbelief, "Harry, you had no part putting your name into that goblet and everybody get that through their thick skulls."

"I can handle it myself – please," He pleaded quietly, slightly embarrassed that the girl was offering to fight his battles for him.

With a slight sigh of disappointment, Rebecca still nodded obediently, pretending to zip her lips shut and send him a tightlipped smile as a reassurance. Harry cracked a smile of his own, only beginning to shake his head in amusement. Finally releasing her arm, they pushed on deeper into the courtyard and towards the opposite exit. They were so close to the other side of the yard – nearly there – but then Rebecca just had to look towards the Hufflepuffs again. And immediately, though accidentally, made eye contact with one of Cedric's teammates. The boy had turned towards his neighbor, whispering something to him before they both broke into a small fit of laughter and smug smiles.

Rebecca tried to shake away the feeling – she really did, especially for Harry's sake – but even so, when the second friend turned to a third, and then another, who all began looking at her and sharing laughs together at her expense too; she could only take so much.