Chapter 2

*Ethan's POV*

    I finally get to escape all of these people. I always sit alone in the grass behind the cafeteria. The grass is my safe space; away from people, school, and bullies...

The food is always stale and somehow edible. I reluctantly shove the baby carrots into my mouth.

My bread starts moving a little bit. I notice a two-inch little boy crawl out onto my pants attempting to run away. The two-inch boy noticed me and ran back into the bread. I can't believe my eyes!

I lift the bread to see if that little boy was real. I looked inside the hole it crawled threw. I couldn't see him. I carefully rip the bun in half.

The two-inch boy is shaking like crazy, it was frozen with a look of fear on its face. It must be terrified.

I gently place the little boy onto my hand. The little boy had chestnut brown hair and palish skin and big blue eyes.

It suddenly pulled out a paper clip that was bent into a needle. It pointed it right at me then suddenly stabbed my palm.

I yelped in pain and trying not to crush it.

I quickly snatched the paper clip from the little boy and placed it on my tray. Without thinking I put the little boy on my head so I could wipe the blood away with my napkin.

I could feel it running around looking for an escape on my head. I knew that it wouldn't be long until it starts climbing down my hair.

I carefully grab the little man. "Who are you?"

*Adams POV*

I couldn't stop shaking. He held me up to his face. I wanted to cry, then I remembered that I always carry something sharp with me at all times.

I lifted the needle to his face. I quickly stab his massive hand. I hoped he would drop me, sure, it would hurt, at least I could get away, things didn't go quite as planned...

I covered my ears as he yelped in pain. He promptly plopped me onto his head. He knew my weakness, hights!

I quickly run around, searching for an escape. I didn't want to climb down his hair since it might make things worse.

He grabbed me and placed me into his other hand.

"Who are you?" the bean's voice was surprisingly friendly and quiet, but I stayed silent.

The giant sighed with a disappointed look

"I'm sorry for scaring you I just-". I felt sad seeing his face.

"I'm Adam!" I covered my mouth with shock.

The bean swiftly wiped his head to look at me with shock.

"I-I'm Ethan" Ethan looked away, flustered.

He suddenly, with wide eyes and abruptly shoved me into his pocket.

*Ethan POV*

"I-I'm Ethan," I said

Why am I so awkward and flustered talking to him. I turn my head to hide away my face blushing.

I notice a familiar face walking towards me,

shit! Gabriel spotted me. I shoved Adam into my jacket pocket.

Gabriel is my bully, he's a senior, I'm a sophomore so he is a lot bigger and stronger than me.

I quickly grab my tray and try to escape. He caught me by my hoodie. The force caused me to drop my food (or what was left of it).

"I finally found where you have been hiding," Gabriel said smirking.

I've given up on trying to stand up for myself, so I just looked down.

"Look at me when I talk to you, freak!" Gabriel shouted.

He grabbed my face squishing my jaw. He held my face to his. His grasp was getting tighter, tears weld up in my eyes.

When he was satisfied, he threw me onto the ground and kicked my side (luckily he missed Adam).

Gabriel walked away laughing to himself as I was on the ground sobbing.