"You looked at me first."

"Was that a problem?"

"No, I figured I should look back out of curiosity."

He was dead serious but not enough to make him look angry. Just the right amount of poker face to scare the hell out of a person. But this was no ordinary person, this was Yoon Seri. "You can stop now."

"And why would I?"

"I suppose you never heard of me?"

"I don't see any connection of that to this."

"Oh it sure does. I can do whatever I want here. And to think that you're not even from this building." Seri looked at him up and down, reaching the level of his intimidating facade and turned her head back to the screen, now showing 8th floor. It was cold but she felt heated. She closed him off and felt that small victory of finally shutting his mouth. It was an awkward atmosphere and she can still see him at the corner of her eyes looking at her, but eventually stopped and diverted his attention to the door.

She heard her phone chime and immediately dug her bag for it. Upon seeing the caller ID, Seri paused for a while, as if gathering all her remaining patience left for the day.

"Yes Seung Jun, what is it this time?" There was annoyance in her tone.

"Are you still up for that? I thought you forgot about it already."

"Yes I am still thinking about it, and just, stop the nagging, for the love of God."

It was then she realized her voice may have been a bit too loud for the other person to hear, but then brushes it off. Preoccupied on Seung Jun, she finished him with her classic ending remark,

"Get lost."

The door finally opened and she walked out immediately, her heels digging the floor aggressively as she puts her phone down to her side. What the heck was that? She walked towards her car and realized she and that guy had arrived on the same floor. At the thought of him, left in there, Seri did a quick glance and curiously checked for his presence at the door, leading to the elevator. He was out, talking to someone on the phone, his hand stuffed in his pocket as he took light steps slowly towards the outside. She scoffed and opened her car door.

Seri's after-work routine was unusual this time, now that she has unexpected news to let her mind sink in. She stepped on the gas to speed up her drive slightly. Alcohol was the first thing her thoughts suggested to her, and of course she wouldnt forget the presence of Seo Dan there.

"I mean, finishing up the pending collection would be the best for now right?" Seri said as she sipped from her champagne. "Seri-ya, you haven't even talked to them, calm down," Seo Dan interrupted. Her cheeks were starting to flush red as she threw a glare to her, inaudible words tumbling out of her mouth.

The two ladies were sitting side by side at the counter of the bar. The waiter occasionally went back to them to refill their glasses and taking a look at their faces, especially Dan's. They were already familiar to him for they were regulars at the place. Seri was still in her office look from the morning, but the dress could still be seen as a casual evening attire. Seo Dan wore a burberry overcoat and dangling pairs of silvers hanged on her ears. She had her hair pinned on one side, face mask resting on the table after wearing it outside to make sure she would minimize recognition.

"I am an actress for God's sake, Seri, what do you want me to say?" Dan added, keeping her amusement at bay in front of the unstable woman. A ring followed by its vibration caught her attention and took it from her bag. "Hold on Seri, I have to take this." Dan stood up, placed the phone on her ear and pointed a finger to Seri, making her halt, the rim of the glass grazing her lips. "That's enough," she mouthed and then finally went out.

Left alone, Seri placed her glass on the table and rested her face on her hand. The waiter appeared and wiped the table dutifully. "Is Seo Dan-ssi coming back?" he hesitantly asked. Seri took a good look at him. He was at around 21-23 years old and he was definitely the type who have a lot of part time jobs at the city.

"You know, ah," fighting to stay sober, "You can just ask for her autograph. You've seen us here for almost everyday anyway." Seri plays the glass with her fingers, tapping it side by side without spilling the liquid. She definitely stopped drinking after Dan's signal. That woman knew her tolerance so damn well that if Dan said enough, then enough it is. Instinctively, the boy retrieved the glass from her and wiped its surface. He shook his head and hid a smile. "I respect her a lot and would never disturb her after her working hours".

"You sure are a good fan, lucky her, I guess," Seri suddenly missed the presence of her drink. She felt the seat beside her move and as she turned her head, it was Seo Dan, fumbling over something. "Update me if you'll ever get scheduled for that appointment, alright?" She hurriedly said, stuffing her phone back to her case.

"Where are you going this late?" Dan gave her a wink and a sweet smile formed in her lips. Seri rolled her eyes, "That jerk..." She showed her a small pout, as if trying to tell her that she would love to stay, but just couldn't. Seung Jun badly needed her right now and that man is one hell of a clingy boyfriend.

After Dan left, Seri had no other reasons to stay any longer. She quickly took her bag and gestured at the waiter that she will be leaving. He politely bowed as he rearranged the bottles by the shelf.

Seri finally reached her apartment and washed herself up at the bathroom. By the time she finished, she saw her phone light up at the bed and peeked at the message while fixing her bathrobe.

Have you arrived home? - Dan

Yes, have a good night, Dan - Seri

She went towards her bed and propped herself to sit against the headboard. She opened the laptop and searched for the hospital. As the page loaded itself, there were hundreds of fresh news about it, mostly categorized as Health and Business. It was a family-owned company, currently under the leadership of their second generation. She scanned the pictures and was able to see what appears to be the director's face. He looked like a 50-something man and wore an awfully serious face, which reminded her of someone. It was a terrible resemblance and Seri fought the urge to shake her head. So I have to deal with someone agitating like him if I jump to this?

Satisfied with the information she read, Seri dialed Seung Jun's number. It directed to voicemail. Of course, what was I thinking. Suit yourself in the morning then. Seri leaned her head slightly to the phone, making sure she was making the right decision and finally told him in the most laid-back tone of hers before sending the voicemail and placing it at her bedside table.

"I'm in".

~~~~~

A/N
Hi, uhm, i dont know what to say here..but i hope you liked the story hihi :))) Votes and Comments are very much appreciated too <3

Take care and stay safe!