Timid Starlight

A hand shakingly reached for the soft silky box, thumb softly rubbing against the material, as a soft sigh left chewed lips. A blush coated his face as he opened the box, shyly peaking in revealing a beautiful silver band, with a small diamond carefully placed upon the ring. Tamaki lifted the box closer to his face, the sun now hitting the diamond, making beautiful lights dance in the room. He left out another sigh, this one shaky and very nervous, as he closed the box, clutching it to his chest.

Today was the day. The day he was gonna propose to the love of his life. Tamaki's teeth found his lips again, as he sunk them deep into the already abused bottom lip. He started chewing on it softly, closing his eyes. He shouldn't be as nervous as he was. He shouldn't have panic bubbling up in his chest, his anxiety saying that she'll say "No", he shouldn't be scared of consequences. But he was. His thumb caressed the softbox again, the material making him calm down slightly, remembering all the different things they did, while something silky was involved. The blue suit he wore at his brother's wedding, Nejire wearing a matching light blue one. The edges of Tamaki's lips rose, as he remembered the day. Nejire had been very nervous, getting to meet his extended family for the first time. She had them wrapped around her little pinky in less than ten minutes. No one could resist her charm. Her eyes that always sparkled with happiness, her long and blue hair that sparkled every time the sun hit it softly, her lips that were curled up into a smile almost all the time. Tamaki's smile on his lips widened, as he couldn't contain the fear of getting rejected and love he held for his one and only. Tamaki growled quietly and put the box back into his nightstand, a frustrated sigh leaving his lips.

"Bunny?" the voice of his loved one rang through their home, as a door was opened. Tamaki hadn't heard the keys of his lover jiggle in the door, he froze in fear, closing the drawer of his nightstand in hurry, as he ran out of their shared bedroom, noticing Nejire standing in the hallway in her hero suit. The taller male didn't hesitate, as he threw himself at the light blue-haired girl, wrapping his arms around her neck. Nejire laughed softly, pulling the male into a tight hug, her arms wrapping around the boy's midsection.

"Did someone miss me?" her soft voice said, making the shy male blush slightly. He nodded and hid his head into the crook of his lover's neck, softly kissing the soft skin. Nejire smiled before she pulled away, taking her shoes off in a swift movement before wrapping her arms around the male again. She couldn't be happier to be greeted this way, after working hard, her boyfriend wrapped around her body, kissing her neck and face, showing the female how much he missed and appreciates his lover. Nejire felt herself being lifted from the ground, before she was carried towards the living room, before sitting down, her boyfriend letting her curl up in his lap, as she cuddled closer to him. Tamaki lifted her head and was met with the beautiful blue orbs of his girlfriend, that held so much love and affection for him, making him blush a deeper shade of red. Nejire laughed quietly, enjoying the effect she had on the male, kissing his cheek softly.

"So, my love, what have we planned for tonight?" Nejire whispered, kissing her boyfriend's forehead before pulling away looking into Tamaki's dark blue eyes, which seemed to scream nervousness and anxiety. Overthinking was deeply written over them, matching a nervous facial expression. Nejire's eyes widened, as concern washed over her body.

"Bunny? Is everything alright?" She asked, her voice laced with worry. What happened that her boyfriend was fidgeting like that, trembling softly, cold sweat running down his body. Tamaki took a deep breath, closing her eyes. The evening that determined their relationship was about to start, as he pulled her closer on his lap, pulling Nejire up, shyly smiling down at her.

"I have a little something planned out for us." Tamaki said, while looking down on his fingers, blush deepening with every passing second. He started playing with his digits as he waited for his girlfriend to react. Nejire's finger softly brushed against Tamaki's cheek, running down to his chin, before softly pulling his face up. Dark blue eyes meet bright ocean coloured one's. Nejire's face held a soft smile as she looked up to his boyfriend, excitement burning in her heart. It's been a long time since they've been on a date. Her lips widened into a big smile, revealing her pearly white teeth.