Chapter 1

I feel a surge of pain. He kicked her again and again. I growl in anger ready to take over until I hear her speaking to me.

"Ivory don't. Ivory. It's okay. Please. It isn't the right time. You must retreat to our safe place. Please. We will be okay." She pleads with me and another surge of pain hits me again. I control my reaction knowing it will only make it more difficult for us.

I surrender full control to her and turn to our safe place. The place we retreat to when it is difficult. I close my eyes and imagine light and wait as the rest of the colors appear behind my closed lids and takes me there. I send her a feeling of calm to give her strength.

"Navi I am here. I give you my strength. We will be ok." I tell her as I am now surrounded by peace.

"Yes Ivory we will." she says.

I retreat to a memory so she may feel the peace and happiness it brought knowing that what I am feeling will help her have the strength to get through it.

*****Flashback*****

I run faster pounding the dirt. The green and brown colors of the forest trees now a blur as I pass. I dodge branches and leap high into the air feeling the cool wind blowing sharply against me. Awakening me. I smile inwardly sending out my happiness. I feel alive. We feel alive.

We are happy. Navi and I. We are happy here. Here we are free.

****End Flashback****

I replay this memory as it is my fondest. I am wolf. To run free with nature is my happiness.

Navi is my human and I am her wolf. We are werewolf.

----------------------------------

We are owned by the Red Midnight Pack. I say owned as we do not belong to it. We have felt no sense of belonging to this pack since they first brought us here when Navi was 6 years. They found us in the woods and altough their Alpha has instructed them to take care of Navi. They haven't. Noone has.

For years Navi has been a servant to this pack. Lower than Omega considered even lower than human. If not for being werewolf with advanced healing, they would have killed her long ago. But even though our fast healing has saved her, it has also doomed her as she is not only the pack slave but also their punching bag.

The leaders of the pack know nothing of her treatment as the war with the rogues have taken up all of their time and attention. She was left to the care of the couple who take care of the pack house. The house where all the unmated males and females live. Where we live. They are the ones who started the abuse. Thier son Hayden-future Beta and their daughter Hayley being the worst culprits.

Unless I am shifted to wolf form, I don't feel the full extent of the physical pain of the beatings as Navi does. Instead I feel the ghost pain of it. I feel her reaction to the pain. I share her emotions, her fear, her dissappointment. Her sorrow. This elicits extreme rage in me to the point of losing control. My instincts to protect ourselves strong.

She will not allow me to have full control. As we are one half of another, we are unable to grant full control to the other without full cooperation or without the other incapacitated. Navi is a strong human as even throughout all the abuse, she has never lost full conciousness. She will not allow me to reveal myself to them. As she fears more harm to us if we do.She protects me.

I am a white wolf. White wolves are rare and rumored to have the potential for great power. They have been killed off because of it. She masks our scent and will not allow them to see me. We do not shift in their presence. They have not seen my white fur and bright violet eyes. They have not seen the power of my jumps, nor have they ever witnessed my speed and the strength of my claws nor the power in my howls. They have yet to experience my rage and need for justice. One day they might. Till then I will abide by her wishes for as Navi protects me in this way, I protect her by staying hidden.